2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | BIATHLON | Feb 10th - 23rd

Oct 18, 2006
Been catching on on races I recorded (both prior to and post Olympics). It really makes me appreciate these European venues that love their biathlon. The crowd numbers, participation and passion absolutely BLOWS the Olympics crowd out of the water. To me that one of the major disappointments, the lack of crowd involvement. A real shame.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Been catching on on races I recorded (both prior to and post Olympics). It really makes me appreciate these European venues that love their biathlon. The crowd numbers, participation and passion absolutely BLOWS the Olympics crowd out of the water. To me that one of the major disappointments, the lack of crowd involvement. A real shame.
If you go to a short track competition in Germany, the ranks are empty, this will not happen in Korea. I know it can diminish enthuisiasm but it's not really their fault. Korea doesn't even have many athletes to follow. Their best is Lapshin, a Russian expat, who starts for Korea since 2017. And even he is merely top30 material, not a medal threat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad