MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

o7Ngvki.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2006
Can't wait for the biathlon, I love it.

Fourcade the favourite for every race he enters, but Johannes Thingnes Boe is having a sensational season and will push him every step. To be honest can't see anyone else really challenging, except maybe Shipulin and the elder Boe.

As for the women, it's more wide open. Makarainen probably the favourite but I think her shooting might let her down. Domracheva has been regaining form and could be tough to beat. Eckhoff, Wierer, Vitkova the other threats.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Can't wait for the biathlon, I love it.

Fourcade the favourite for every race he enters, but Johannes Thingnes Boe is having a sensational season and will push him every step. To be honest can't see anyone else really challenging, except maybe Shipulin and the elder Boe.

As for the women, it's more wide open. Makarainen probably the favourite but I think her shooting might let her down. Domracheva has been regaining form and could be tough to beat. Eckhoff, Wierer, Vitkova the other threats.
Dahlmeier is missing here. ;)

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Mäkäräinen with two shooting errors in the first will cost her. I fear two will be too many to win a medal.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Wierer with two mistakes standing. Looks like Dahlmeier will win gold. The only athlete from the top group to shoot a zero. As of now, Olsbu and Vitkova with silver and bronze respectively.

Oct 18, 2006
Oh my gosh, Johannes Boe with 3 consecutive misses on the probe shoot. Game over.

Oct 18, 2006
Never seen the Norwegians shoot do poorly. Door ajar for whoever shoots clean. Fourcade might even be able to afford 1 miss.

Oct 18, 2006
Peiffer deserves to win this, a clean shoot in these icy conditions is a super effort.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Peiffer with the win, that is very surprising.
Every favourite failed at the shooting range. Look at that podium. If you had that before the race, you`d be a rich man now.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Peiffer with the win, that is very surprising.
Every favourite failed at the shooting range. Look at that podium. If you had that before the race, you`d be a rich man now.

Don't know a lot about biathlon, but seeing the leaderboard it looks like pretty much everybody from between fourth and tenth skied well enough for a gold if they would have shot clean.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Don't know a lot about biathlon, but seeing the leaderboard it looks like pretty much everybody from between fourth and tenth skied well enough for a gold if they would have shot clean.
Definitely. But everyone had Fourcade on the podium. He was top three in every race in this winter. The other favourite in this race was J.T. Boe. Both with three mistakes in the first shooting.

Oct 18, 2006
Definitely. But everyone had Fourcade on the podium. He was top three in every race in this winter. The other favourite in this race was J.T. Boe. Both with three mistakes in the first shooting.
Boe starting 1:12 seconds behind the leader in the pursuit...good luck. If anyone could chase down that time it's him, but he's set himself an almighty task.

Fourcade went from 6th to 1st in the Sochi pursuit. Pursuit champion 6 straight years and 7/8. 22 seconds is nothing for him, I'd be very surprised if Fourcade doesn't win the pursuit.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Boe starting 1:12 seconds behind the leader in the pursuit...good luck. If anyone could chase down that time it's him, but he's set himself an almighty task.

Fourcade went from 6th to 1st in the Sochi pursuit. Pursuit champion 6 straight years and 7/8. 22 seconds is nothing for him, I'd be very surprised if Fourcade doesn't win the pursuit.
I know. 22 seconds is about one mistake on the shooting range. With three mistakes being only 22 seconds behind is incredible. Of course I`m counting on Fourcade to medal. As everyone should.

Oct 18, 2006
I know. 22 seconds is about one mistake on the shooting range. With three mistakes being only 22 seconds behind is incredible. Of course I`m counting on Fourcade to medal. As everyone should.
It's crazy though. 93% prone shooting on the season, and he goes 2/5. Staggering.

Oct 18, 2006
Time for the women's pursuit. Will be interesting to see the level of shooting after last nights mess. I'm typing Makarainen or Domeracheva to make some huge ground and threaten for the win.

Oct 18, 2006
Darya awful, Makarainen terrible.

Dahlmeier consecutive golds!! Race for silver is on!

Oct 18, 2006
Awesome finish for silver, way to go Kuzmina! Both silver and bronze medalists made huge gains today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad