2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | BIATHLON | Feb 10th - 23rd

Oct 18, 2006
Well I missed the race as I had a birthday. So I woke up at an ungodly hour so I could catch the relay, not knowing the result. Totally worth it, what a race, what a finish!! Fourcade!

Germany looking incredibly strong for the relay.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Well I missed the race as I had a birthday. So I woke up at an ungodly hour so I could catch the relay, not knowing the result. Totally worth it, what a race, what a finish!! Fourcade!

Germany has the relay in their hands if they don't get nervous.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Well then, happy birthday to you.

Oct 18, 2006
Do we know the teams for tonight's mixed relay? Real excited for this one. Germany the favourite you'd imagine but Norway will be strong too, as will France and Italy and Sweden could surprise.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Germany: Hinz, Dahlmeier, Lesser and Schempp
Norway: Olsbu, Eckhoff, Bø and Svendsen
France: Dorin Habert, Bescond, Desthieux and Fourcade

Before the Olympics I would have said Norway should win this, but they have been shooting like drunken sailors. Still think it is the team with the highest potential, but unless things just "click" they should be happy if they get a medal based considering how random their shooting has been.

If there is any gas left in Dahlmeier´s tank the Germans will be very difficult to beat.

Didn´t bother to list the rest, but certainly more teams that could compete on a good day. Especially Italy look decent.

Reactions: Filppula

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Do we know the teams for tonight's mixed relay? Real excited for this one. Germany the favourite you'd imagine but Norway will be strong too, as will France and Italy and Sweden could surprise.

Yes Sweden is clearly underdog, but as they have been this tournament they could steal a medal if the stars are right.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Yes Sweden is clearly underdog, but as they have been this tournament they could steal a medal if the stars are right.

I'm expecting some regression to the mean at some point, but Sweden could win it based on what they have done so far in the Olympics.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I wouldn't go as far as miracle. Normally yes, but clearly the Swedes have done better than expected - so continuing down that path and things are possible.

Norway are vulnerable. Germany are not too the same extent, but Dahlmeier looked completely lost in the mass start. I guess she will more likely be back to her best, but if she hasn't been able to recover that would open the race up completely.

Oct 18, 2006
Vittozzi with an incredible stand shoot. 10/10. Sweden in major trouble. France and Germany round out the medal positions.

Oct 18, 2006
Italy on fire. Still no misses. Germany right on their tail. Bescond with one spare round, but still in the mix.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Shooting as expected from Norway unfortunately. So so erratic. Lucky to get a medal - even if Bø could go 10/10 and make it interesting if Eckhoff can shoot decently now.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I like Eckhoff, but way too fragile mentally. When it works she is brilliant, but when it doesn't she is utter "¤%%.

Oct 18, 2006
Germany just amazing so far. Can't lose this barring a meltdown.

Italy 2nd. Belarus 3rd just over France.

Oct 18, 2006
Oh wow. Peiffer requires two spare rounds, Fourcade 5/5 and Germany's lead is now down to 6 seconds!!!

Oct 18, 2006
Wow I'm in shock. Fourcade 10/10 and its gold for France!!

Peiffer with a meltdown, 4/8.

Norway silver, Italy vs Germany for bronze. Wow.

Oct 18, 2006
My German friend said they should've gone Schemp over Peiffer because Arnd is falling away. They were spot on.

From a 35? second gap on France to second at the last exchange, no not even medal is unfathomable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad