Prospect Info: 2018 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Proven? He made one good call. This is also a poster who, during the draft, admitted that he changes his draft rankings by the hour. His process is that of throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

He's no better than any of us.

You’re out to lunch. M2B’s data vault would make your head spin. The turnip system will have you deleting this post, guaranteed.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I'm curious about fan perception regarding this franchise's prospect pool vs. PHI's prospect pool? PHI has the following at the top:

1. Hart
2. Frost
3. Farabee
4. Myers
5. Lindblom

That's a high end collection of players. Hart has franchise goalie potential and Frost is tracking like a 1C. Given that they already have Patrick, Provorov, Ghostisbehere and Konecny on the main roster, this is a team that is very well set up for the future. How does VAN compare?

Follow up question: With a pick surplus in the last 4 years, and 7 first round picks over that span, has PHI done more to rebuild their pool than VAN has done?

Curious about your thoughts.

Nov 1, 2011
I'm curious about fan perception regarding this franchise's prospect pool vs. PHI's prospect pool? PHI has the following at the top:

1. Hart
2. Frost
3. Farabee
4. Myers
5. Lindblom

That's a high end collection of players. Hart has franchise goalie potential and Frost is tracking like a 1C. Given that they already have Patrick, Provorov, Ghostisbehere and Konecny on the main roster, this is a team that is very well set up for the future. How does VAN compare?

Follow up question: With a pick surplus in the last 4 years, and 7 first round picks over that span, has PHI done more to rebuild their pool than VAN has done?

PHI is much better due to the young talent on their NHL roster.

Van's prospect pool is better because EP and QH are better than anything Philly has.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

1. Hart
2. Frost
3. Farabee
4. Myers
5. Lindblom

I'm a homer so I like the Canucks' prospect pool better but Philadelphia has a better collection of young players. For me, Demko, Pettersson, and Hughes are better than their top 3. Throw in Juolevi, Dahlen, Lind etc. and it's better.

But the Flyers have a better collection of young players. As for doing more to rebuild their pool, the #2 and #3 prospects you listed for the Flyers involved trading a 26 year old Brayden Schenn (a player who Gillis apparently wasn't interested in unfortunately).

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
PHI is much better due to the young talent on their NHL roster.

Van's prospect pool is better because EP and QH are better than anything Philly has.

Instead of cutting off the pool at NHL/not NHL, I include everyone in the organization that is 22 and under.

That removes Ghost and Couturier from PHI’s side. It then adds Boeser and Virtanen on VAN’s side. I think that’s the best way to evaluate it.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Philly has much more prime age assets than the Canucks so are in much better shape as an organization with similar if not better young nhl players but yes Canucks have much higher level prospects outside nhl and will likely get more. Philly has good chance of being a really good team until their vets age out. Canucks need more high end drafts and a lot of other things to go well to be a good team. However if they are patient and stack a few more top end picks they may come out as a contender at the end similar to where Toronto is now.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I wonder how the "HF/Canucks" 'vets' will respond if and when Pettersson and Hughes + Boeser + Demko start to tear it up pretty quick 2019+ onwards, lifting this team to playoff series++

What’s this even mean :laugh:

No one should be surprised if we make the playoffs with Benning still here, the Dave Nonis leafs made the playoffs. We won’t ever win a cup with him in charge.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
I wonder how the "HF/Canucks" 'vets' will respond if and when Pettersson and Hughes + Boeser + Demko start to tear it up pretty quick 2019+ onwards, lifting this team to playoff series++
Well, I would say that finishing near to or last will get you good players.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
I don't see any 1st or 2nd or even 3rd overall's on this team, hell not even 4th overall.

Just solid drafting since 2014.
Seriously.....they get top ten drafts because they are so bad. “Solid drafting” could be done by a potato.

Reactions: GrogZilla

skyo

Benning Squad
Sep 22, 2013
CanucksCorner
canuckscorner.com
Seriously.....they get top ten drafts because they are so bad. “Solid drafting” could be done by a potato.

lol clearly you haven't seen the Canucks draft history.

Until Horvat traded for the #1G Schneider, the draft picking no matter what - was trash, near last place or not the draft choices were horrible, the laughing stock of the league practically!!!

For real, this franchise was horrible at drafting prior to Jim Benning and his squad taking over.

Vancouver Canucks Draft History at hockeydb.com

All the way to it's existence.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
lol clearly you haven't seen the Canucks draft history.

Until Horvat traded for the #1G Schneider, the draft picking no matter what - was trash, near last place or not the draft choices were horrible, the laughing stock of the league practically!!!

For real, this franchise was horrible at drafting prior to Jim Benning and his squad taking over.

Vancouver Canucks Draft History at hockeydb.com

All the way to it's existence.
It wasn't that long ago that Hunter Shinkaruk was considered one of our best prospects,some people have no f***ing clue...

Reactions: Nomobo

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Well hes right we do have pretty elite drafting now, not only the top picks but also after the first round like Demko Gaudette Dipietro Lindy Brassard Etc. 2016 was a dud but for the most part pretty dam good

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
What’s this even mean :laugh:

No one should be surprised if we make the playoffs with Benning still here, the Dave Nonis leafs made the playoffs. We won’t ever win a cup with him in charge.

well i think a lot of people here would be surprised if we made the playoffs with benning still here. or else they are liars.

regardless, it is going to be absolutely glorious reminding folks of all their hot takes for the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad