Prospect Info: 2018 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Probably posted in some other thread but Lockwood was on the radio yesterday. Says his range of motion is good (it sounded like it wasn't quite 100%) and he's feeling strong. He's on skates. Won't be at development camp because he wants to focus on fully recovering.
Great to hear. If he does manage to folly recover he could be a suprise element for us or even the Utica Comets in 2019-20 season

:yo:

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Buffalo quite clearly has the best prospect pool in the league by a fair margin.

Yup. Even if you said Pettersson is a clear tier above Mittelstadt (and there are people that don't agree on that), Dahlin blows anything and everything we have (including both EP and Hughes) out of the water.

It doesn't really matter what's behind him, though Nylander, Guhle, Olofsson, Asplund, Borgen and Pu are at least on par with what we have in the second tier.

Reactions: krutovsdonut

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Yup. Even if you said Pettersson is a clear tier above Mittelstadt (and there are people that don't agree on that), Dahlin blows anything and everything we have (including both EP and Hughes) out of the water.

It doesn't really matter what's behind him, though Nylander, Guhle, Olofsson, Asplund, Borgen and Pu are at least on par with what we have in the second tier.
Meh id take Pettersson and Hughes over Dahlin easy breasy

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Buffalo has the best prospects in hockey because they drafted the best prospect in hockey. Dahlin projects to be a generational talent who we can reasonably assume will be a #1 (and Norris candidate) for most of his career. Mittelstadt is not a bad #2 either.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
If Pettersson breaks into the league and turns into a 65+ Point Center, then I may take that duo over Dahlin.

Right now though, no.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'd actually go with Pettersson and Hughes.......although perhaps my childhood memory of Lindros/Forsberg might be kicking into overdrive here.

I meant the minority of hockey fans, not on a Canucks board. Fan blindness is a helluva thing.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Buffalo has the best prospects in hockey because they drafted the best prospect in hockey. Dahlin projects to be a generational talent who we can reasonably assume will be a #1 (and Norris candidate) for most of his career. Mittelstadt is not a bad #2 either.
We will see. All just prospects now. IMO

Dahlin
Pettersson

Hughes

Middlestat
Gaudette
Demko

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Are you sure you don’t actually wanna put Gaudette and Demko ahead of Mittelstadt? Why go only half-homer when you can go all the way :thumbu:
Its close but im no homer im quite critical of Benning

Reactions: clunk

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Its close but im no homer im quite critical of Benning

This may be true but you tend to run rather hot and cold on our prospects. When they disappoint you they are garbage, and when they excite you they are the best prospects in the league. The truth is usually somewhere in between your two extremes. For example, Dahlin is a tier above Pettersson, who is a tier above Mittelstadt, who is a giant tier above Gaudette.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
there used to be a site that would have ranked prospect lists for each team, which was a great resource when comparing prospect pools

forgot what it was called though

Reactions: GrogZilla

John Belushi

Registered Boozer
Feb 5, 2006
North Vancouver
Despite all the accolades I think Pettersson and Middlestadt are neck and neck. I thought so at the draft and nothing has changed my mine today. Both possess dynamic offensive skill far beyond the level of their peers, but are slight and will be pushed around. Gaudette isn't even close in terms of potential.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Despite all the accolades I think Pettersson and Middlestadt are neck and neck. I thought so at the draft and nothing has changed my mine today. Both possess dynamic offensive skill far beyond the level of their peers, but are slight and will be pushed around. Gaudette isn't even close in terms of longterm potential.

Same for me, I just put them a tier apart to avoid the rest of my point being ignored because of a perceived slight to Pettersson.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
lol @ people questioning M2B on prospects. He has a proven track record here as being one of the best prospect evaluators. This man saw top 6 Gaudette from a mile away.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
lol @ people questioning M2B on prospects. He has a proven track record here as being one of the best prospect evaluators. This man saw top 6 Gaudette from a mile away.

Did he though? Or does he just make wildly enthusiastic claims (to the positive and negative) and this one just happens to be tracking well?

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Despite all the accolades I think Pettersson and Middlestadt are neck and neck. I thought so at the draft and nothing has changed my mine today. Both possess dynamic offensive skill far beyond the level of their peers, but are slight and will be pushed around. Gaudette isn't even close in terms of potential.
What a pile a crap why are some of ya Canucks fans even. Peetey and Middlefatso are NOT neck and neck. ALSO: Gaudette has barely got a sniff of the NHL and the Canuck fan haters are already all over the guy. What a JOKE :shakehead

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
What a pile a crap why are some of ya Canucks fans even. Peetey and Middlefatso are NOT neck and neck. ALSO: Gaudette has barely got a sniff of the NHL and the Canuck fan haters are already all over the guy. What a JOKE :shakehead

Dude, seriously. You need to find ways of expressing yourself that don’t make it sound like you’re 10 years old posting on your teenage brother’s HFB account.

Reactions: coastal_nuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad