Prospect Info: 2018 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
lol @ people questioning M2B on prospects. He has a proven track record here as being one of the best prospect evaluators. This man saw top 6 Gaudette from a mile away.

Olson looks better than Hughes - M2B called that too.

Reactions: PRNuck

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
lol @ people questioning M2B on prospects. He has a proven track record here as being one of the best prospect evaluators. This man saw top 6 Gaudette from a mile away.

Proven? He made one good call. This is also a poster who, during the draft, admitted that he changes his draft rankings by the hour. His process is that of throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

He's no better than any of us.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I'm surprised that the people who missed that bit of sarcasm are even considering M2B's support for Gaudette his "one good call". I don't recall him praising his upside before he broke out. Didn't he just jump on that bandwagon after he started to do really well and his upside became obvious to everyone?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
since this is the prospect thread, i want to say that i think m2b is a solid prospect. he can be impulsive sometimes but his heart and fan iq is there and you can see linear progression in his fan skills and a lot of determination. i think he's going to be a top 6 fan for us for many years to come.
Alot of wishful thinking and use of ambiguous nonsense words like "determination" and "heart" thrown around in this post. He's stagnated at best and looks no different than when he was first acquired, despite being gifted with favorable ice time and preferential treatment.

Put Gaunce in the same spot and he'd be doing just as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

Oddleifson

Sep 28, 2011
New Westminster
since this is the prospect thread, i want to say that i think m2b is a solid prospect. he can be impulsive sometimes but his heart and fan iq is there and you can see linear progression in his fan skills and a lot of determination. i think he's going to be a top 6 fan for us for many years to come.

"...linear progression..." Yes, absolutely. Sadly, it is of the monotonically decreasing variety. :sarcasm:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Alot of wishful thinking and use of ambiguous nonsense words like "determination" and "heart" thrown around in this post. He's stagnated at best and looks no different than when he was first acquired, despite being gifted with favorable ice time and preferential treatment.

Put Gaunce in the same spot and he'd be doing just as well.

Dude, if he reads that toxic post he’ll bust for sure.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Proven? He made one good call. This is also a poster who, during the draft, admitted that he changes his draft rankings by the hour. His process is that of throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks.

He's no better than any of us.
How can you say that. I had a specific group in specific tears and within them those tears changed some as i became indecisive. Good thing Im not a GM but i like to make my preddys about prospects and have hit some right on and wrong to be about others. Move on bub :shakehead

Reactions: clunk

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
I'm surprised that the people who missed that bit of sarcasm are even considering M2B's support for Gaudette his "one good call". I don't recall him praising his upside before he broke out. Didn't he just jump on that bandwagon after he started to do really well and his upside became obvious to everyone?
Incorrect

NEXT

:yo:

Reactions: clunk

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Dude, if he reads that toxic post he’ll bust for sure.
Don't worry, I'll calm his nerves with a multiple page rant explaining why toxicity is a product of disingenuousness rather than negativity. I'm sure that'll fix everything.
Incorrect

NEXT

:yo:
Is that true? I'm honestly curious and open to being wrong about that. You were calling Gaudette a future star BEFORE the season that he started putting up high point totals? My mistake if so.

We all liked him as a prospect before that, but I don't recall the more hyperbolic praise showing up until he started putting up dominant numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanaFan

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Don't worry, I'll calm his nerves with a multiple page rant explaining why toxicity is a product of disingenuousness rather than negativity. I'm sure that'll fix everything.
Is that true? I'm honestly curious and open to being wrong about that. You were calling Gaudette a future star BEFORE the season that he started putting up high point totals? My mistake if so.

We all liked him as a prospect before that, but I don't recall the more hyperbolic praise showing up until he started putting up dominant numbers.
Was in November 2015 if i remember correctly. Will check when im on the compy next time

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
How can you say that. I had a specific group in specific tears and within them those tears changed some as i became indecisive. Good thing Im not a GM but i like to make my preddys about prospects and have hit some right on and wrong to be about others. Move on bub :shakehead

I found this post highly interesting, almost poetic, until I realized that you meant "tiers."

Reactions: DarbyHendrickson

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead

Now, if he can only work on his spelling, nickname allocation and sarcasm detector, we might have the next Zombotron on our hands.

Reactions: Catbug

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

This may be true, but we shouldn’t ignore the fact that he was putting Gaudette in the same weight class as Matthews and Eichel (although by his own unbiased admission, he did admit that McDavid was on “another tear” from the aforementioned three).

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
This may be true, but we shouldn’t ignore the fact that he was putting Gaudette in the same weight class as Matthews and Eichel (although by his own unbiased admission, he did admit that McDavid was on “another tear” from the aforementioned three).
Get out of here why you lying. Not gonna call you a troll cause its not right but your making a strong case every day :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->