Prospect Info: 2018 Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
According to Jeff Pattersson, Green likes Gaudette. I think Gaudette will make the Canucks next season. But he needs to start producing offensively.
Gaudette is no 18-year rookie out of junior hockey...he's actually only 18 months younger than Bo Horvat and coming out of three years of NCAA Div I hockey, where last year he was the top player in the Nation....he'll be given every opportunity to be an everyday center for the Canucks, and only a serious face-plant at training camp lands him in Utica imo.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
My top 10 post-draft would be...
  1. Elias Pettersson, C/LW
  2. Quinn Hughes, D
  3. Thatcher Demko, G
  4. Jonathan Dahlen, LW
  5. Olli Juolevi, D
  6. Adam Gaudette, C
  7. Kole Lind, RW
  8. Jett Woo, D
  9. Michael DiPietro, G
  10. Lukas Jasek
HM: Petru Palmu, Jonas Gadjovich, William Lockwood, Tyler Madden, Jack Rathbone

Really excited about our prospect pool. An abundance of talent with loads of potential.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
If Jasek continues his play to begin the year in Utica he might force his way onto the NHL roster. Very excited to see that, along with Palmu, Juolevi, Lind, Gadjovich, and Dahlen's rookie years in Utica

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
My top 10 post-draft would be...
  1. Elias Pettersson, C/LW
  2. Quinn Hughes, D
  3. Thatcher Demko, G
  4. Jonathan Dahlen, LW
  5. Olli Juolevi, D
  6. Adam Gaudette, C
  7. Kole Lind, RW
  8. Jett Woo, D
  9. Michael DiPietro, G
  10. Lukas Jasek
HM: Petru Palmu, Jonas Gadjovich, William Lockwood, Tyler Madden, Jack Rathbone

Really excited about our prospect pool. An abundance of talent with loads of potential.
Well I disagree with your order its a SUPER sweet list of prospects were putting together. I suppose not ALL of them will be on our team in the next few years i think a lotta them will. Cant wait :yo:

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’m intrigued to see what Jett Woo does this year. It sounds like he was producing offensively until a couple of injuries set him back last year. He is also expected to be given more offensive responsibility this year according to his coach.

Reactions: Son of Petter

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports
Benning on if Pettersson, Hughes and Juolevi could all be in the lineup this year, "We had that conversation yesterday, if they come in and show they are ready to play, we are going to make room for them."

-------------------

Here's hoping it happens. That's a massive skill injection. The sooner these guys start playing in the NHL and coming together as a team the better.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Rick Dhaliwal‏ @DhaliwalSports
Benning on if Pettersson, Hughes and Juolevi could all be in the lineup this year, "We had that conversation yesterday, if they come in and show they are ready to play, we are going to make room for them."

-------------------

Here's hoping it happens. That's a massive skill injection. The sooner these guys start playing in the NHL and coming together as a team the better.

Of course. It will put bums in the seats in the stadium. Nothing else will. We have 2 players that are legit NHLers in Horvat and Boeser. We have a decent D man in Tanev, and Eder has been as well. In all reality every other player on this team would be an NHL/AHL tweener on any stanley cup contender. (This is an exaggeration, somewhat unfair to Virtanen, and a few others, but every other player is either overpaid or a tweener).

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I’ve been headhunting articles and treads around the internet and am pleasantly surprised to see people are considering our prospect pool top 5 in the league?

I feel as though we are ultra negative these days and the number of posters seems to have dropped considerable since the glory days but for the committed few who religiously follow this team would you agree we are sitting in the top 5 for prospects at this point ?

Once we graduate Dahlin, Pettersen and Gaudette our pool shrinks some for sure which may be in a few months but as of today I believe we are there

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
I’ve been headhunting articles and treads around the internet and am pleasantly surprised to see people are considering our prospect pool top 5 in the league?

I feel as though we are ultra negative these days and the number of posters seems to have dropped considerable since the glory days but for the committed few who religiously follow this team would you agree we are sitting in the top 5 for prospects at this point ?

Once we graduate Dahlin, Pettersen and Gaudette our pool shrinks some for sure which may be in a few months but as of today I believe we are there

Hard to say because I haven't been paying close enough attention to other teams' pools, but I don't see how anyone could compete with our top 5 prospects at the very least.

I'm really digging our prospect pool these days, I just hope one of our young D is ready to move up soon, or Tryamkin sacks up and comes back.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I think it’s probably top 5. But I don’t put much weight on that as it’s heavily dependent on who has graduated to the NHL. Probably more meaningful to compare pools of players 21 years and under to see how we stack up.
Certainly though getting Petterson and Hughes in the last two drafts takes some of the sting out of falling in the draft lottery. It seems like in recent years once you get past the top 2 or maybe three rated guys there’s not a lot of difference in the next 5 or 6 ranked players.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Probably posted in some other thread but Lockwood was on the radio yesterday. Says his range of motion is good (it sounded like it wasn't quite 100%) and he's feeling strong. He's on skates. Won't be at development camp because he wants to focus on fully recovering.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Probably posted in some other thread but Lockwood was on the radio yesterday. Says his range of motion is good (it sounded like it wasn't quite 100%) and he's feeling strong. He's on skates. Won't be at development camp because he wants to focus on fully recovering.

Good update. It's disappointing he's not well enough to participate in camp. I still have hopes for this guy ...

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Good update. It's disappointing he's not well enough to participate in camp. I still have hopes for this guy ...
From the sounds of it, it was more that he is in a routine focused on his rehab and he doesn't want to break that routine....rather than not being well enough. That, and I don't think the college thing allows him to participate in all the activities so it's not as productive a week as it could be.
He was quite positive about his recovery process.

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
From the sounds of it, it was more that he is in a routine focused on his rehab and he doesn't want to break that routine....rather than not being well enough. That, and I don't think the college thing allows him to participate in all the activities so it's not as productive a week as it could be.
He was quite positive about his recovery process.

I can see what you're saying, but still, if he's in a rehab routine, rather than through his rehab and ready to go (well enough, in other words), that's disappointing -- not because it's a bad sign for his future, but just because I would've liked to see him at the camp. Fan selfishness.

Reactions: iceburg

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

i wish him well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad