Speculation: 2018 Off-Season: We fell short again, now what do we do? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Huh? Faulk? Did we not just get McDonaugh? We need another guy who's going to eat up ~5m on defense? Especially one that's one-dimensional and declining in that dimension 4 consecutive years straight.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Huh? Faulk? Did we not just get McDonaugh? We need another guy who's going to eat up ~5m on defense? Especially one that's one-dimensional and declining in that dimension 4 consecutive years straight.
Calling Faulk one dimensional is really selling him short

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Calling Faulk one dimensional is really selling him short

Ok... and you think giving one of the our most unique forwards in Palat is worth getting a defenseman who doesn't fill a need, bumps Sergachev down or worse he plays on the 3rd line pairing himself is a good idea? I mean if you're down with a 5.8m 4th liner, there's no harm in a 4.8m 3rd pairing d-man right.

Palat's not untouchable but he shouldn't be moved for someone who doesn't upgrade the team.

Last edited:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Ok... and you think giving one of the our most unique forwards in Palat is worth getting a defenseman who doesn't fill a need, bumps Sergachev down or worse he plays on the 3rd line pairing himself is a good idea? I mean if you're down with a 5.8m 4th liner, there's no harm in a 4.8m 3rd pairing d-man right.

Palat's not untouchable but he shouldn't be moved for someone who doesn't upgrade the team.
I did not say I’d move Palat for him. Definitely prefer to move Johnson.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I can't see us making any moves until the quarter mark of the season unless we are hit with injuries. We have 8 D on one way deals so no need for any additional right now. Sergachev will hopefully get a chance to play in the top 4 and if he can cut it we don't need an upgrade there and we have 4 capable bottom pair guys too. Up top if Cirelli continues from where he was last year and Gourde the same I can see us starting to consider moving Johnson but for what? Trading him for futures does us no good when we are going for it so would be an off-season move. Trading him for Faulk doesn't give us the cap relief we need either. What we need is for Callahan to go the way of Zetterberg or Hossa and become LTIRetired so we open up some much needed capspace and don't have to buy him out.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
It would be really nice if this team could finally put in the effort and win a cup. Pick up one, maybe two big forwards for the 3rd 4th line at the trade deadline and just demolish everyone in the way. I'm tired of excuses and "reasons why we lost". This team loses because, for whatever reason, they just aren't their mentally, cough cough coaching.

Just thinking about the season and felt like posting my thoughts on the team and what I think needs to be done. If we don't win the cup this year then Cooper needs to go. I'm sick and tired of being "just not good enough".

Reactions: CupsOverCash

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Palat's gonna have stay untouchable from an organizational standpoint. If (and I use it lightly) we are still on Karlsson our winger depth is going to take a very big hit. Playing well with Point is an added bonus.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
The Rowdies have a Swede playing football...er...soccer?

Last one!

BTW, Stråls most definitely does NOT skip Leg Day at the gym. ;)

Edited to add: the last video is a Crossbar Challenge where the objective is to HIT the crossbar. :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad