Speculation: 2018 Off-Season: We fell short again, now what do we do? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I might just be thinking too hard about it but does the blue trim of Domingue's not keenly resemble the red stripes of the Florida state flag due to its diagonal nature?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I'm drawing a blank; are the preseason games usually shown on SUN?
Nope. Sometimes they stream the home games on the Lightning's website. It's basically just the jumbotron feed plus radio play by play. Other teams do the same.

Reactions: JDBolt

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
After much thought, many runs of my magic 8 ball, and studying the entrails of a dove, I have come the to the conclusion we need little or no roster changes, beyond camp surprises replacing vets (ala Point), or injuries. At the trade deadline maybe some physicality to the bottom 6, but not much. I would wait for EK to hit UFA as it would be a no brainier to do everything to get him, but the assets needed to get him now, or at the TD, is almost certainly too much. I would like see how Sergachev plays next to Hedman for a year, before making significant changes. Also we have no idea how the changes to the coaching staff work out.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Honestly after the Tavares, EK and now silence for a month sagas, it seems like a pretty long offseason.

Hear hear. Those days seem so long ago but they went by so quickly. I am however glad we didn't get Tavares. We didn't really need him. Karlsson on the other hand is a completely different ballgame and I do think he'll end up here somehow as long as Melnyk does not sell the Senators because we are his preferred choice

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I wonder who we can pick up to help the D at the deadline, interesting names available like Bouwmeester, Karlsson, Edler, Methot on teams that have better than average chances at being a bad team unloading at the deadline. The other one is Nate Schmidt, but Vegas can't let him go.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I wonder who we can pick up to help the D at the deadline, interesting names available like Bouwmeester, Karlsson, Edler, Methot on teams that have better than average chances at being a bad team unloading at the deadline. The other one is Nate Schmidt, but Vegas can't let him go.
I don’t want Bouwmeester or Methot

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
It will be interesting to see if we do try to add anybody before the deadline. I dont know what type of deal SY would be willing to do. Especially with a crazy summer ahead next year where things could get a little complicated. ELC are especially valuable going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad