Speculation: 2018 Off-Season: We fell short again, now what do we do? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Drafted Kuch, Heddy, Point and Serg in my fantasy pool (4/21 players). Had Johnson (was my last pick) but traded him in a package for Barrie

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I got Hedman, Point, Miller, Sergachev, and Palat.

I panicked on my first pick though - I was 8th and I ended up taking Hall, which in hindsight I think was a mistake.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I panicked on my first pick though - I was 8th and I ended up taking Hall, which in hindsight I think was a mistake.

lol I have Hall too but with 12th pick, got Miller really late in my draft which has huge upside, Palat too but he's has been such a letdown the past couple years.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
lol I have Hall too but with 12th pick, got really Miller late in my draft which has huge upside, Palat too but he's has been such a letdown the past couple years.
Palat was my last pick. I think I got Miller in like the 12th round.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

As opposed to whom? Hall was like 4th or 5th overall in my main league last year (although the settings a bit odd and I have my own proprietary method for evaluating players).

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
As opposed to whom? Hall was like 4th or 5th overall in my main league last year (although the settings a bit odd and I have my own proprietary method for evaluating players).
I just don't think he's going to replicate. MacKinnon was still on the board, and I think he has a better supporting cast than Hall.

There were some odd early picks though. Stamkos was gone like 5th, and I was thinking I had a chance of grabbing him in the second round.

lol I have Hall too but with 12th pick, got Miller really late in my draft which has huge upside, Palat too but he's has been such a letdown the past couple years.

My league was 14 deep, so honestly Palat wasn't even off the board based on last season's performance. My only regret is I'm shallow as hell on RW so maybe I should have gone for someone else.

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
I just don't think he's going to replicate. MacKinnon was still on the board, and I think he has a better supporting cast than Hall.

There were some odd early picks though. Stamkos was gone like 5th, and I was thinking I had a chance of grabbing him in the second round.

My league was 14 deep, so honestly Palat wasn't even off the board based on last season's performance. My only regret is I'm shallow as hell on RW so maybe I should have gone for someone else.
I picked 7th, I think, and MacKinnon was gone by at least 5. I wish my league was 14 deep--I'm concerned a 12 teamer is going to leave everyone with good teams.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I got Stammer in the 5th or 6th round last year because he was ranked so low due to his injury, was an absolute steal. I won my league because of Kuch-Stammer-Heddy wracking up points for me. Point was my last pick last year as well

Wanted to snag Miller but he got scooped up before I had the chance. I don't like to have too many players for one team, I wanted to limit my Tampa players to 4. No one selected Palat, so maybe if he gets hot I'll pick him up

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I picked 7th, I think, and MacKinnon was gone by at least 5. I wish my league was 14 deep--I'm concerned a 12 teamer is going to leave everyone with good teams.

I think 10 isn't bad, everyone gets two 200 pointers (fantasy points) and a solid 3rd pick. After that it comes down to top 6 then depth. Two years in a row now that people in my league don't care too much about defence, Theres some big point producers from the blue line, I managed to snag a pretty good top 4 with Hedman, Carlson, Barrie and Jones. Wanted Klinberg again but he got take before I had the chance :(

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Drafted Kuch, Heddy, Point and Serg in my fantasy pool (4/21 players). Had Johnson (was my last pick) but traded him in a package for Barrie
I got mcdavid 1st of course then I went hedman in round two got miller, point,sergachev and Johnson with the last pick

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I got mcdavid 1st of course then I went hedman in round two got miller, point,sergachev and Johnson with the last pick
But if you guys can grab palat he is always great late gets hits and will put up 45 points or 50 points

2020 Cup Champions

Nov 26, 2013
I think 10 isn't bad, everyone gets two 200 pointers (fantasy points) and a solid 3rd pick. After that it comes down to top 6 then depth. Two years in a row now that people in my league don't care too much about defence, Theres some big point producers from the blue line, I managed to snag a pretty good top 4 with Hedman, Carlson, Barrie and Jones. Wanted Klinberg again but he got take before I had the chance :(
In my yearly league, a guy picked Vasi in the 1st and then picked 5 defensemen, Rask, and (accidentally) Price over the next 7 rounds. He's going to be the best regular season team again and get blown out in the playoffs, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->