Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
giphy.gif

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
It’s been a while since I was here, guess I needed a bit of a break + I’ve been working all summer but now I’m so ready for the season to start again and I’m really curies about how the team will look and play this year. Hopefully they learned both the good and the bad from last season and use it this year.
I’m still so happy the we signed Kuch and we’ll have some of our best players with us for several years to come.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Asked icethetics about the third onTwitter, he hasn't heard of anything and suggested we wont see them until regular season. Hoping still for fan fest makes too much sense.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
So are we really not going to add to our roster? Disappointing if not, would have liked to see us add some grit.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Let's just take today to be happy we're not Senators fans. I mean, I figured they wouldn't get much value, but I figured they could work it up to at least one significant piece coming back.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'm really interested to see how the team looks with a new defensive system. Also excited to see Stammer after his first normal off season in god knows how long. I remember hearing him say in an interview that his goal for last season was just to get through it. Now that he has and is able to get back to his regular off season routine, I expect a 40 goal season from him this year.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm really interested to see how the team looks with a new defensive system. Also excited to see Stammer after his first normal off season in god knows how long. I remember hearing him say in an interview that his goal for last season was just to get through it. Now that he has and is able to get back to his regular off season routine, I expect a 40 goal season from him this year.
Idk about 40, he's capable but his new style of play seems to be pass first. I miss the old days when he would shoot the puck from literally everywhere. We need more of that Stamkos, seems like Kuch is the trigger man now though

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Idk about 40, he's capable but his new style of play seems to be pass first. I miss the old days when he would shoot the puck from literally everywhere. We need more of that Stamkos, seems like Kuch is the trigger man now though
I think he passed a lot this past season because he was talking about getting through a full season healthy. I think he'll finally feel comfortable enough after a full offseason of training to start shooting and playing like he used to. There were two instances during the caps series, game 7 I think, where the team just wasn't creating anything and Stamkos took the puck up the middle and split the defense. He didn't score obviously but he proved to me that he is still more than capable of reaching the level he used to be at. I really do think its mostly a mental thing with him. Whether its him feeling that he needs to be a "complete player" because he's captain or if its because he doesn't feel like his body is ready is anyones guess.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
So are we really not going to add to our roster? Disappointing if not, would have liked to see us add some grit.
This I think is the year we have to win the cup it’s truly now or probably never or at least not for a long time. Next offseason we have like 14 million in cap space with only 12 players signed and point is going to get 4-5 million of that on a bridge deal contract. Then the year after we probably have to at least double vasy’s cap hit. Yes we will probably pawn Callahan off to another team but then we lose more draft picks and probably a decent prospect to get a team to take on Callahan for his last season like we did with Garrison to Vegas. What has me worried is after this season we only got three defenseman signed sergachev, hedman and mcdonagh. Do we resign stralman now or wait and see what karlsson is going to do next July ?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Team was scheduled to be on the ice yesterday? Anybody get a look or was it not open to the public?

Would love to hear some first impressions. Who looks different and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad