Pre-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Playoffs Round 2: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (2) Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is it safe to say Brayden Point has been our MVP so far?

This round yes, the first round no. Kuch's 10 points in the first round can't be ignored. But if we go through this round without Kucherov waking up, at that point we can probably say Point has been our MVP. As of now, he's had two stellar games, but those were in response to one putrid game.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Point's line has been lethal. They are inside Marchand's head and really pushing the play into the Boston zone. If they keep that up tomorrow night, one or more of those goons will snap and we may get a 5 on 3 PP in our favor for once.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Point's line has been lethal. They are inside Marchand's head and really pushing the play into the Boston zone. If they keep that up tomorrow night, one or more of those goons will snap and we may get a 5 on 3 PP in our favor for once.
then put the 1st unit out there and proceed to kill it:laugh::laugh::(

Reactions: DaBolts

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I was fine going with the crowd and bending to the peer pressure of tying the series 1-1 just like all the other teams. But I think it’s time to go against the flow and be a rebel and go up 3-1 and not follow the 2-2 everyone else is.

giphy.gif

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
How does Killorn not lose his mind and start throwing punches at that piece of ****?

Because he doesnt want to give them a PP. Thats part of Marchands thing he does. Try to get under the opponents skin and draw penalties. Our guys arent biting for that kind of stuff. Just skate away. That pisses him off more. Marchand was triggered last game cause his antics didnt work.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Because he doesnt want to give them a PP. Thats part of Marchands thing he does. Try to get under the opponents skin and draw penalties. Our guys arent biting for that kind of stuff. Just skate away. That pisses him off more. Marchand was triggered last game cause his antics didnt work.
You see scrums happening all the time because someone gets too close to the goalie after whistle and other minor incidents like that. But Killorn took a heavy cross check to the back and a butt-end to the face. He gets all my respect for maintaining his cool. I wouldn't have beem able to, that's for sure.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
You see scrums happening all the time because someone gets too close to the goalie after whistle and other minor incidents like that. But Killorn took a heavy cross check to the back and a butt-end to the face. He gets all my respect for maintaining his cool. I wouldn't have beem able to, that's for sure.

Yea they happen but those are opportunities for penalties. Ive seen it where their guy starts a scrum next to our net and our guys jumps in but then gets a roughing penalty. During the regular season fine, but now gotta stay disciplined.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Yea they happen but those are opportunities for penalties. Ive seen it where their guy starts a scrum next to our net and our guys jumps in but then gets a roughing penalty. During the regular season fine, but now gotta stay disciplined.
Agreed. Although I wouldn't mind someone exterminating the rat, I don't want to take penalties because of that until the game is won/lost. Last game when Paquette went after Backes for his hit on Girardi, he also took a power play from of us. They hand out instigators so easily now that you can't go after someone for every hit.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The fact that there are still people out there who actually, with a straight face, try to say Marchand isn't a dirty player is beyond me. Just own it. He is who he is.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Every time I read one of these my brain stops when I hit "an" and I can not continue reading it. It's like hitting a road block and having to turn around.

Stop leaving an steazys in my mind.
I have no an choice. Lowly broons can't read an proper english, so I have to throw them an bone so they can read at least one an post when they come here.

Obviously

Dec 4, 2013

I hope to avoid you in all future parking lots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad