Pre-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Playoffs Round 2: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (2) Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
The hits ended up being 42 for the Bolts to 24 hits for the Bruins. o_O

Our shutdown line/pair combined for a total of 16 of those hits. 6 from McD, 5 from Palat, 4 from Stråls and one from Point. Our usual suspects covered the rest...Miller, Kunitz, Paquette, Callahan.

Don't think the Bolts got the message this game that they're supposed to be a highly skilled yet SOFT team. :D

Soft is a left over term from few years back. People incorrectly equate toughness with ability to fight.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Legend_TampaFans_Bear.jpg

upload_2018-5-2_21-10-52.jpeg

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If I'm a Bruin, I'm pissed at Marchand's white flag shenanigans in the box. Shows where their heads were at. They're still stuck in Game 2.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Put a white towel on his stick and waved it, presumably at the refs (like a "white flag surrender" gesture). After the game he compared his slash on Stralman to the might-have-been slash on him in Game 2, which is ridiculous, since at least Stralman can claim to have been TRYING to play D in his case.

But anyway, if I'm Bruin management, this has alarm bells going off for me. If I'm a Lightning fan, as I obviously am, I'm pretty pleased that he's at least a little bit rattled.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Put a white towel on his stick and waved it, presumably at the refs (like a "white flag surrender" gesture). After the game he compared his slash on Stralman to the might-have-been slash on him in Game 2, which is ridiculous, since at least Stralman can claim to have been TRYING to play D in his case.

But anyway, if I'm Bruin management, this has alarm bells going off for me. If I'm a Lightning fan, as I obviously am, I'm pretty pleased that he's at least a little bit rattled.
Okay. I assumed that must have been what he did in the box. Not sure they showed it on NBC. And the postgame quote's just a weak thing to say. Time for us to ratchet things up yet another notch, just to be safe.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Im hoping we can get this next one and take a good shot at finishing this at home. I dont like keeping Boston around long. They are too good. Hopefully the guys know this and show up with their best game behind them in game 4. You know Boston will.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Frustrating Marchand is working. He loses his composure easily and then he starts making mistakes and doing well ... Marchand stuff. It is great game plan to double down on him , he obviously is struggling with it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't blame Marchand for being so pissed about the slash. That's got to be tough to handle in that situation. But at the same time if he's getting mentally rattled then it bodes well for us.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Who posted that Charmin Soft pic? That was awesome! I can’t find it. Lol

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Frustrating Marchand is working. He loses his composure easily and then he starts making mistakes and doing well ... Marchand stuff. It is great game plan to double down on him , he obviously is struggling with it.

And it's worth it because he's their top offensive player too.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

I keep re-watching that sequence , and even without the homer glasses, all I see is an arguable call, it might have really been an elite defensive move from Stralman, but it was so close that I certainly understand why the Bruins fans feel upset nonetheless.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I keep re-watching that sequence , and even without the homer glasses, all I see is an arguable call, it might have really been an elite defensive move from Stralman, but it was so close that I certainly understand why the Bruins fans feel upset nonetheless.
Honestly it's insane to be focusing on one close call considering how the series has gone.

Moreover - Vasi is the best shootout goalie in the league. Getting a penalty shot is in no way a guarantee of a goal against him. Isn't his SO save% something like 90%?

Reactions: The Green Unit

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Honestly it's insane to be focusing on one close call considering how the series has gone.

Moreover - Vasi is the best shootout goalie in the league. Getting a penalty shot is in no way a guarantee of a goal against him. Isn't his SO save% something like 90%?
Are you quoting me ? ;D

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Can someone relay this message to series talk on the main board?

An couply of lowly broon fans walk into a bar. An bruin puts down 10cents on the table and asks for an dirnk. The bartend says that an lowly bruin will need more then an 10 cents. An bruin says that is all he has since he lost all his an money betting on the broons beating than lightning in game 3. The bartend takes pity on the dimwitted b fan and says he'll give him an drink on the house. The lowly bruin says can't i just have it in the bar, i don't even have an ladder.

Reactions: Hoek and Stamper

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Can someone relay this message to series talk on the main board?

An couply of lowly broon fans walk into a bar. An bruin puts down 10cents on the table and asks for an dirnk. The bartend says that an lowly bruin will need more then an 10 cents. An bruin says that is all he has since he lost all his an money betting on the broons beating than lightning in game 3. The bartend takes pity on the dimwitted b fan and says he'll give him an drink on the house. The lowly bruin says can't i just have it in the bar, i don't even have an ladder.

Every time I read one of these my brain stops when I hit "an" and I can not continue reading it. It's like hitting a road block and having to turn around.

Stop leaving an steazys in my mind.

Reactions: Stamper and berlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad