Pre-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Playoffs Round 2: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (2) Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is how I imagine every Bruins fan. Stupid wannabe tough guys. Or the same in one word, meatheads. I just can't help it.

I actually don't have an issue with Bruins fans. I do with some other fan bases from experiencing it in person. I just thought that it was funny, having Tampa's mascot silly string an opposing fan. lol. Devils fans were bad when I was at Game 4, and it only got worse as the night went on. lol. But their team was basically letting the series slip away so they were angry, or maybe they were Hangry, I dunno. The ones here on HF were actually pretty decent and cool.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Hi.

Will Tampa use the same lines as they did for game 5 vs. NJ?

I'm prepping the GDT for the Bruins. Can't wait to see yours!

Thanks!

From today's practice, it looks like the same lines/d pairs with one exception. Gourde was occasionally centering the 4th line with Conacher taking his place on the 3rd. But that was not the whole time so you're probably okay to go with the lines from last round. The d pairs are definitely the same.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
From today's practice, it looks like the same lines/d pairs with one exception. Gourde was occasionally centering the 4th line with Conacher taking his place on the 3rd. But that was not the whole time so you're probably okay to go with the lines from last round. The d pairs are definitely the same.
Thanks!!

Bruins practice at 1 but I anticipate them going with our game 7 lineup

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Haha the bruins thread has a regaling story about one of their 65 year old female posters punching some opposing fan at a bruins game. Haha classic.

*updates Bruinsposters.doc*

Reactions: Master P

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This will be a tough match up that really can go either way. We did struggle against them during regular season (well, other than the last game that is) but we also struggled against NJD so it doesn't say much. Our guys just have to be ready and play each game from puck drop to the final whistle.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Dang, they deleted part of this thread already?

Adrenaline beginning to flow, hard to sleep tonight. A war is about to begin.
I WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP
giphy.gif

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Angry post about hockey in here.

Sample topics:
  1. “seen stamkos?”
  2. Kucherov mullet - does it contain his power?
  3. Which body juice describes the Lightning’s effort in game 1 better - vomit or diarrhea?
  4. Numbered lists in posts - does anybody read these?
  5. Brad Marchand - he ain’t bad. He ain’t nothing

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Skate blade, plus the Lightning were playing dirty. But we were scared, too. Or something.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I was waiting for an bus the other night after the season ended, and an lowly bruins fan came up and chirped at me. He was saying an gibberish like most dimwitted bruins, but what could I say in an defence? The lowly brews just knocked the boys an blue outta the plays in an Game 1 blowy.

Then it hit me like an ton of rocks. We don't actually get anliminated from the plays for losing an Game 1. I told that lowly bruin to take an bus to heck, the lights will come back and put an smack on you in game 2. He knew it was an true.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
That's what I thought after the Devils series, Tampa dominating physically is part of this Playoffs gameplan.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
The hits ended up being 42 for the Bolts to 24 hits for the Bruins. o_O

Our shutdown line/pair combined for a total of 16 of those hits. 6 from McD, 5 from Palat, 4 from Stråls and one from Point. Our usual suspects covered the rest...Miller, Kunitz, Paquette, Callahan.

Don't think the Bolts got the message this game that they're supposed to be a highly skilled yet SOFT team. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: DominicBoltsFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad