Pre-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Playoffs Round 2: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (2) Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I looked at Stamkos stats a little closer. 6 points in 5 games is pretty good BUT 4 of his 5 assists are secondary, 2 on the PP as well, his lone primary assist was on an empty netter and his goal was a PP one, an extremely soft one right through Schneider. Not gonna go very far when your captain is a complementary player.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I looked at Stamkos stats a little closer. 6 points in 5 games is pretty good BUT 4 of his 5 assists are secondary, 2 on the PP as well, his lone primary assist was on an empty netter and his goal was a PP one, an extremely soft one right through Schneider. Not gonna go very far when your captain is a complementary player.

Highest paid forward on the team by a margin, not even a top-5 player this series. Luckily it was a short round one but likely will be a series where secondary scoring runs dry and Stamkos is in the spotlight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd much rather play Toronto than Boston. I think we'd walk through Toronto's D. Can't see them winning Game 6 though.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'd much rather play Toronto than Boston. I think we'd walk through Toronto's D. Can't see them winning Game 6 though.
The important thing is Boston looks mortal. I think it was just a side effect of how we played them all season, but while they are a good team, they're a flawed team.

Rask is a basket case and their D is not great. They have great forward depth and their D are great two-way players, but if we push the pace we can beat them.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Yeah I'm a little less scared of Boston now. Still scared a healthy amount but I think we got a chance against either of them.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I think Stammer is fine.

He should be on the Triplet's line.

You know, the three playing like him:

Dump Truck, Stammer, and Dotchin.:sarcasm:

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
7 games, goes into Quintuple OT, where they say screw it, and all the players fight on the ice, fight club style, last player standing, their team advances. Too much?

You left out starting Dom in game 7 due to Vasy having period cramps.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Still think I prefer Boston to Toronto. Leafs fans are just the worst. Yes, even worse than Boston fans in my book. Plus, I feel like Toronto winning this series would make them more dangerous long-term. Any kind of postseason gear makes them a different team, even with their flaws. Their inexperience and lack of confidence allowed us to come back from 3-4 goals down the last time we played them. It'd be nice if they remain mentally weak.

Boston's looked imperfect, although any series with them is going to be a nasty streetfight. Chara, however, has totally fallen off a cliff, and I think McAvoy's still too green to shutdown our better guys over several games. Rask is the wildcard, but we generally tend to find a way against good goalies when we're given more than one game to do it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I agree on Toronto fans being worse. I've seen Boston fans actually upset at how dirty Marchand is. Don't think that would be the case with Toronto fans, who have a delusional media backing them up.

Marchand has also accepted the role as bad guy, and knows he does crap and has accepted the price and paid it in full. It’s not like Crosby who pretends to be an innocent angel, but is as dirty as Marchand but has the full league support so he gets away with it , and complains to the refs when it is done to him.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
08C70033-B9CB-4528-B340-5094077B96F7.jpeg

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Please Toronto, show up tonight. After tonight, I don't care about game 7. But I still want some 2 - 3 OT games for game 6 and 7.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Not really worried about Stammer. He had a lot of good looks, he also was double and even triple covered in nearly every game. There's a reason Miller got the puck so much and scored how he did. The guy was free to skate all over the place.

If the Devils did anything very, very well they shut down Stamkos & Kucherov from hitting their potential.

I'm not so sure the Bruins (or even Toronto) would do the same. They realize our youth's potential and I also feel like they trust their goalie a LOT more than the Devils did (especially Rask).

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Kucherov averaged 2 ppg and could have had 4 goals with any puck luck in game 5. How did he get shut down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->