Pre-Game Talk: 2018 NHL Playoffs Round 2: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs (2) Boston Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Ryan looked like some of beer leaguers out there flopping while skating backwards.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
FINISH him (mortal combat ) ! Let Marchand go lick face in Boston all he wants.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Ryan looked like some of beer leaguers out there flopping while skating backwards.
Eh. It happens. I think Pastrnak's speed caught most of our guys by surprise at one point or another. This series would probably still be going on if McD weren't on the roster. He made some big time defensive plays too, especially the one where he got his stick on the Bergeron-to-Marchand tap in late in the game.

Reactions: Stammertime91

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Eh. It happens. I think Pastrnak's speed caught most of our guys by surprise at one point or another. This series would probably still be going on if McD weren't on the roster. He made some big time defensive plays too, especially the one where he got his stick on the Bergeron-to-Marchand tap in late in the game.
I'm not even sure if we'd beaten the devils w/o him, at least certainly not in 5. Looking at the teams gone w/ the wind in the East they all didn't have good D and a couple of them wanted to get him.
The job done by our shut-down pairs and the group of our forwards is something that should never be taken for granted. I also feel both he and Millsy brought a lot of physicality to the team during these series, too.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Im hearing hot off the microwave toaster that part of the conditions on the Drouin and Sergachev trade from Secret Agent Bergevin was to beat Boston.

SY: "Wait Marc, what do you want though?

images

Bergevin: "Hmm. Just promise me you will beat the Bruins and we will make this high level trade."
images

SY: "Ok."
images

*Makes the Eastern Conference Final*

Bergevin:
images

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Checked the players' advanced stats just for the fun.

After 10 games, Tampa has as a 68% scoring chance percentage when Mikhail Sergachev is on the ice. It gets even better when MS is without Coburn, 77% SCF (!). And all of this with a 0.833 PDO, an offensive breakout at even strength is not out of question for Surge. I know he's sheltered beyond ridiculousness, but that's still very effective hockey for a 3rd pairing.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018

Sooo when will be our 1st game?
wanted to know the date more than who'll be the opponent, lol.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
They aren't as deep as us but they will murder our penalty kill if we hand them 3 or 4 powerplays a game. They have Ovechkin who doesn't pass up his shots and Oshie in the slot who always seems to score them too. Play disciplined, don't get run over by Wilson and use our speed and this should be our series for the taking. I've grown to really pull for Ovechkin over the years but I do want his happiness to end here lol.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Checked the players' advanced stats just for the fun.

After 10 games, Tampa has as a 68% scoring chance percentage when Mikhail Sergachev is on the ice. It gets even better when MS is without Coburn, 77% SCF (!). And all of this with a 0.833 PDO, an offensive breakout at even strength is not out of question for Surge. I know he's sheltered beyond ridiculousness, but that's still very effective hockey for a 3rd pairing.

He's noticeably taken a step forward these past 10 games, very confident and none to few breakdowns compared to his last half of the season.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad