Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Depending on what happens with the trade deadline I don't really see a huge push to call Kravtsov up right now unless he goes on a big tear. It sounds like he's still workign things out at the AHL level and that's completely fine. I think his big push will come next season but I don't think it's a requirement that he gets called up this season.

Reactions: belford22 and Kords

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
We need to trade Fast if we want to get Kravstsov to NHL next season. If we keep him in AHL next season he might run off back to KHL.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
But does Kravtsov show the good intentions necessary to get a spot in the line up?
Howden is howden. The coach loves him for some reason and he will never be more than a 4th liner/ pk guy. Kravtsov's potential is a million times better but we need to develop him properly. Rushing him back up here even if he starts to really put up better numbers in the AHL is wrong. Leave him down in the minors. Let him get an offseason of strength and conditioning.

Reactions: belford22

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Howden is howden. The coach loves him for some reason and he will never be more than a 4th liner/ pk guy. Kravtsov's potential is a million times better but we need to develop him properly. Rushing him back up here even if he starts to really put up better numbers in the AHL is wrong. Leave him down in the minors. Let him get an offseason of strength and conditioning.

At least Howden is on the fourth line now where he belongs rather than moonlighting as a competent 3rd pair guy

I think Kravtsov knows the rangers want him to succeed and be on their team and e knows what he needs to work on and I think there will be a spot for him if he earns it next season. If not he should still look to Chytil and all he has to Do is go play well in the A and he’ll get a quick call up

Reactions: belford22 and jas

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I don't mind him getting a couple games with the Rangers at the tail end if we're out of it. There's nothing wrong with giving him an idea of the league and the pace of NHL play to take back home with him over the summer. That could be beneficial to him as well as a boost to his confidence. Little things sometimes can matter.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
8 points in 11 games is nice, but I don't think he will get called up yet. It'll be Gettinger, Nieves or Fogarty, with DiGiuseppe moving up a line

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Too soon. Panarin makes some plays only he can do and even he makes some bad turnovers doing it occasionally. Need VK to get a good handle on when to go fancy and when to make the simple play forward before he’s exposed to Panarin’s slight of hand magic imo
I wasn’t suggesting they call him up for that. I leave the development to the Rangers. Just talking in general. I guess I was vague.

Reactions: romba

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If we’re trading Kreider and Fast we’re not thinking playoffs. It’ll be about developing guys. Kravtsov will be up here this week if that happens

Reactions: mschmidt64

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Rangers fans letting things go. What a novel concept. I still see people bring up Keith Yandle.

yandle is a pretty recent example for the point you are trying to make...I just stopped crying over hugh jessiman like 6 weeks ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad