Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kravtsov isn't ready for top9 NHL TOI yet.

We're already being patient with Kakko as a top9 RW on this team; two kids trying to get up to speed at the exact same position would be rough.

Probably unlikely he’d be called up for the whole duration but could probably get his cap of tea of 3-5 games before the end of the season. If anything - to see how he measures at this point and what to take with him back to Hartford. Common practice that has been used before.

Otherwise looking at the roster w/o Kreider probably means that DG and Gouthier would be Kravtsov’s primary competition, not specifically for 1LW but really 2 winger spots in the top-9.

Reactions: Harbour Dog

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

We're already being patient with Kakko as a top9 RW on this team; two kids trying to get up to speed at the exact same position would be rough.
This is probably true – and as a result, while the team still has a meaningful shot at the POs, I don't expect to see him.

If/when they get eliminated, however, I think it would behoove the org to give him a late season cup of coffee.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Probably unlikely he’d be called up for the whole duration but could probably get his cap of tea of 3-5 games before the end of the season. If anything - to see how he measures at this point and what to take with him back to Hartford. Common practice that has been used before.

Otherwise looking at the roster w/o Kreider probably means that DG and Gouthier would be Kravtsov’s primary competition, not specifically for 1LW but really 2 winger spots in the top-9.

Yeah, I would be completely fine with getting him a handful of games towards the end of the season.

I just don't think that losing Kreider should be a reason to try to work Kravtsov into a role right now. He has a lot of improving that he can do at the AHL level first.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Once the rangers are eliminated they should definitely call him up and let him play meaningful minutes with panarin. Learn from a pro.

Reactions: Leetch3

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Exactly. And we’re in a playoff push now. So probably not a good time to get creative.
With Kakko, I think the team made the judgment - correctly - that he’s a kid who can handle some rough times.
It’s safe to say, and not a slight, either, that maybe VK isn’t quite as mature. I think a more conservative path is warranted with him. And If I’m right, that this was the Rangers thinking, I’m pretty impressed. Maybe they learned something from the Lias Mess™️

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
IMO the Rangers need to let VK take a vacation after this season, and have him come back to North American in July with Kakko, Chytil, Howden, and some of the other kids, and have them all train with Prentice. An off-season of bonding and getting stronger will help.

The other thing I'd like to have them do is have VK watch tapes of Kyle Conner. VK has the hands and speed, but the all-around game that Connor player, the forechecking ability, and the number of turnovers he causes leads to more offensive chances.

If VK wants to be an elite scorer, he needs to create those chances. With the way the game is played now, you have to do all of the little things to get in a position to score. I think the part that's hard to come by, the natural talent is there with VK. It's the part that requires the hard work that's left.

This will be a very important off-season for him, he's showing signs of getting it, but with another summer of training and strength, and getting an active two-way game down, you can really get a great asset.

Same goes for Kakko, but he's a bit stronger. It's a matter of being active across all aspects of the game that they are missing. You see Fil do it from time to time, but he's not a force yet. Same with Howden.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Any chance for a callup if Chytil is out for any time?

highly doubt it...the callup is gonna get 4th line minutes, so even if kravtsov was ready (and seen no indication that he is) that isn't an ideal spot. if chytil is out, they will shift Howden to 3C and promote either lemieux or gauthier to the 3rd line.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I’d love to bring him up to see what he’s got but maybe they just leave him be

Definitely, but I think that just as well can be done with say 3-4 games to go if we are out of contention as right now. It’s probably good for him to get a feel for what the NHL game is and give him a glimpse of what he is aiming for in October.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I have a feeling they might try to trade Kravstsov if he keeps producing at such pace in AHL.

By all accounts Gorton considers that we have a bit of a logjam at RW since he has been shopping Buch. I wouldn’t rule out that Kravy is going, but in the end I still think that it’s unlikely. The value must of course be there.

Reactions: egelband

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
By all accounts Gorton considers that we have a bit of a logjam at RW since he has been shopping Buch. I wouldn’t rule out that Kravy is going, but in the end I still think that it’s unlikely. The value must of course be there.

Any player can get traded.

Reactions: Ola

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Could also be they wanted to shed salary and now aren’t as eager to do so having moved Brady. The Rw depth really isn’t great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad