Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Isn’t this an extension of something Knoblauch said recently? That Kravtsov had been good, but wasn’t getting any bounces at all?

After his flight earlier in the season, I’d say it’s a huge mark of progress for him to stick with it despite not getting the production. Now he’s getting rewarded.

Knoblauch said precisely that and he’s right. He was setting guys up plenty and not getting finishes. Now a few are going in. He’d been playing well and it wasn’t going in for him.

6 pts in 8 games is much closer to what he was playing like without the assists showing up.

I’m excited to see him at the nhl level with better players around him. Of course if he’s setting up Brett Howden on the third line it’s not going to look to good

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Knoblauch said precisely that and he’s right. He was setting guys up plenty and not getting finishes. Now a few are going in. He’d been playing well and it wasn’t going in for him.

6 pts in 8 games is much closer to what he was playing like without the assists showing up.

I’m excited to see him at the nhl level with better players around him. Of course if he’s setting up Brett Howden on the third line it’s not going to look to good

Ideally, Kravtsov needs to play with a guy who can snipe the puck. When Kreider is traded in 3 weeks, I would like to see Kravtsov play on Zibanejad's line.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
And this is one of the reasons I'd rather re-sign Kreider and trade Buchnevich. We can replace Buchnevich internally.

I’ve also been saying this forever to me Kravtsov is a better Buchnevich when all is said and done. It’s a similar style player. There’s a different dynamic Kreider brings to the top 6 that no one else on our team or in our system (which means no one coming to help within the next few years) has.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Kreider Mika Kravtsov
Panarin Chytil Kakko

that top 6 has layers. Size speed. Shooters and playmakers. That’s a legit top 6 long term

The way I see it, also...especially since you were right Chytil as a center and I was wrong. Plus, the Rangers are going to have another top 10 pick to add a quality forward in the upcoming draft.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Curious- any reports about he's settling in this time? Hanging out with teamates after games, finding a barber who won't just chop the flow, getting comfortable in the country/culture etc.?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I just think it snow balled on him. He took the demotion hard, no showed to start in Hartford, ran home realized holy shit I def don’t want to be here this is very far from my goal of being an nhler and it snow balled.

took him a couple weeks when he got back to find his game but the guy you’re seeing now is the guy he is. This adversity in the long run is going to be good for him. He was humbled and he needed it. Couple more weeks in Hartford he’ll be ready to get his feet wet to finish the NHL season. Big summer and he’s ready to play next year.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I just think it snow balled on him. He took the demotion hard, no showed to start in Hartford, ran home realized holy **** I def don’t want to be here this is very far from my goal of being an nhler and it snow balled.

took him a couple weeks when he got back to find his game but the guy you’re seeing now is the guy he is. This adversity in the long run is going to be good for him. He was humbled and he needed it. Couple more weeks in Hartford he’ll be ready to get his feet wet to finish the NHL season. Big summer and he’s ready to play next year.

Otherwise known as acted like a lot of 19-year-olds might act.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Kreider Mika Kravtsov
Panarin Chytil Kakko

that top 6 has layers. Size speed. Shooters and playmakers. That’s a legit top 6 long term

Yeah, but where is Alexander Holtz slotting into this lineup once we draft him this summer?

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I feel like VK will benefit a lot from firsthand exposure to Panarin.
Too soon. Panarin makes some plays only he can do and even he makes some bad turnovers doing it occasionally. Need VK to get a good handle on when to go fancy and when to make the simple play forward before he’s exposed to Panarin’s slight of hand magic imo

Reactions: belford22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad