Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I don't think the Rangers can just "void" his KHL contract. He's over there until their season is done and he's technically no longer under contract to them.

They could call him back to the NHL, and he would have to go, but, yea, that's not happening lol.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
I don't think the Rangers can just "void" his KHL contract. He's over there until their season is done and he's technically no longer under contract to them.
That’s not the case at all. Gorts can recall him to the rangers at any time, from there, I don’t know what happens. I don’t know if the recall voids the KHL deal which allows them to start from square one and send him to Hartford

Deleted member 23124

That’s not the case at all. Gorts can recall him to the rangers at any time, from there, I don’t know what happens. I don’t know if the recall voids the KHL deal which allows them to start from square one and send him to Hartford
I would imagine there's a clause in his contract that allows this....

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I was initially fine with Kravtsov going back to Russia, and i guess i still kinda am.

However, at this point i'd like to see the Rangers bring him back. Give him a month or so as the 13F, just to practice with the squad and get properly caught up with stuff. Ideally, get him to spend time with Panarin. Give him the opportunity to earn his way into the lineup, and if it doesn't happen, send him to the AHL with a specific list of exactly what he needs to do to come back up. And make sure someone takes him under their wing in the AHL to make things easier.

One of the big things people had raved about prior to October was how good his attitude is. He's either a very good faker who fooled a lot of people, or is simply going through some tough times.

Reactions: haveandare

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Maybe we should chip in to buy a tree-stand for Amazing Kreiderman... he can station outside of his house

need the deets

Deleted member 23124

I was initially fine with Kravtsov going back to Russia, and i guess i still kinda am.

However, at this point i'd like to see the Rangers bring him back. Give him a month or so as the 13F, just to practice with the squad and get properly caught up with stuff. Ideally, get him to spend time with Panarin. Give him the opportunity to earn his way into the lineup, and if it doesn't happen, send him to the AHL with a specific list of exactly what he needs to do to come back up. And make sure someone takes him under their wing in the AHL to make things easier.

One of the big things people had raved about prior to October was how good his attitude is. He's either a very good faker who fooled a lot of people, or is simply going through some tough times.
To be honest, I don't think he's as far along as people assumed he would be. I watched him during the Traverse tournament and I would say he was "average" at best, even giving him the benefit of the doubt with regard to getting used to the NA game, etc. IMO, he's a good year or two away. He also needs to bulk up a bit...he looked frail compared to the other players.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
To be honest, I don't think he's as far along as people assumed he would be. I watched him during the Traverse tournament and I would say he was "average" at best, even giving him the benefit of the doubt with regard to getting used to the NA game, etc. IMO, he's a good year or two away. He also needs to bulk up a bit...he looked frail compared to the other players.

I don't think he's that far away, but i don't really see him as an NHLer this season, barring Massive improvement. I'd like to see him get a proper role on the 3rd line next year.

Deleted member 23124

I don't think he's that far away, but i don't really see him as an NHLer this season, barring Massive improvement. I'd like to see him get a proper role on the 3rd line next year.
I agree wholeheartedly....however, I do think next season is iffy, but I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If Traktor explores trading Kravtsov and already sent him to the VHL, maybe it’s time for the Rangers to hit the “reset button” and recall the Russian from his loan. Reach out to Kravtsov. Admit that this loan didn’t work out as expected and more slowly restart his learning of the North American hockey where the Rangers can keep it close.

P.S. Would be interested to hear Gorton’s thoughts on this. Or Davidson’s.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
This is your original reply to me,....

"You're using a few facts to justify ignoring the entire potential picture while injecting some opinion that doesn't gel with reality. Like that he "wasn't sent down bc he wasn't good enough"...yes that is exactly why he was sent down. It appears to be exactly why his ass was on the 4th line in the A and it appears to be something that has carried over to Russia with him to start this season."

Again I reiterate that I'm not even on the hatewagon at all but these arguments for VK are just based on outright false claims or they're ignoring large bits of reality. They're bad arguments"

I did NOT say "He was not good enough for even a fourth line role".
Not according to what you said above. You explicitly implied, he was not good enough period to make the team. Full stop. And you go on to incorrectly reason his performance down in Hartford backs up your claim, that he certainly was not good enough.

You just don't understand how flawed this argument is.

Your original quote is about top line roles/minutes specifically and I responded correctly to that.
Obviously not as explained earlier.

You also said I had no evidence. Well you yourself admit he was scratched in the AHL
Whatever happened down in Hartford is after the fact and is not evidence of why he was sent down. This should be fairly obvious.

Let's agree to disagree. I have explained all I can why Quinn chose to send VK down and perhaps why it turned out badly. He will be back. Maybe not this year, but there is no rush. He's still a teenager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad