Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The clear difference in that play is that in the NHL the last defender probably would have attempted to lean on Kravtsov more to keep him wide and from making a play. But Kravtsov has the skill to feel it, pull the puck to his feet and let the guy fly by while still retaining control, he's that skilled. The other crap happens all the time in the NHL, although probably a bit less often.

pblawr

Jul 16, 2016
I think the debate about whether or not he could make that specific move misses the point. He has great hands and ability to set up defenders. That is undoubtedly a valuable skill that will be helpful for creating scoring chances in any league.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
This here is a perfect example of how good Kravtsov is. The out of the box-thinking is what makes players like him, Pettersson, Barzal and Keller special. Times are changing. Prospects develop different skillsets now

To be fair, i do that move all the time in beer league.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Am I the only person who he reminds of Pettersson?

I think they are different type players, but they do have 1 thing in common. They think outside the box. They play the game at a different level. The way Kravtsov uses the net to bounce the puck passed a defender, that's some new-age shit hockey right there. EP does similar things that make you think "Why have I never thought about that?"

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I think they are different type players, but they do have 1 thing in common. They think outside the box. They play the game at a different level. The way Kravtsov uses the net to bounce the puck passed a defender, that's some new-age **** hockey right there. EP does similar things that make you think "Why have I never thought about that?"
100% agreed but they also both have this lanky look with loose strides, they skate & shoot similar. Like the positioning of their hands and their followthrough in their shot, the way they deke with this very loose look where it looks sometimes as if they’re about to fall or lose possession but somehow maintain it, they have a lot of the same mannerisms to me lol

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov will take on Severstal today, and is on a line with Kukoyev and Rybakov. They are 2 points ahead of Sibir with a game in hand for the no 8 spot in the east

upload_2019-2-16_14-44-13.png

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This is the 3rd time in 2 games vs Severstal they are reviewing a Severstal goal :laugh:

Traktor down 2-0 in the 1st. Not a good game.

2-1 after 1. Bailen with the goal and former Ranger Christian Thomas got an assist. Traktor getting back in the game, but the Rybakov line is a bit quiet still

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
On a side note, the KHL website is like ten fold nicer than the garbage product the NHL currently has going. I'm still ticked off about how f***ing awful their website is.... it takes like 20 seconds to load scores on my phone and browsing it is nothing short of a nightmare

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
On a side note, the KHL website is like ten fold nicer than the garbage product the NHL currently has going. I'm still ticked off about how ****ing awful their website is.... it takes like 20 seconds to load scores on my phone and browsing it is nothing short of a nightmare

The KHL actually thinks about its fans. They actually realize fans are people

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
A very important win for Torpedo against Sibir combined with Traktor and Neft losses, they not only guaranteed a playoff spot eliminating Neft, Torpedo also pretty much guaranteed a 7 spot that misses a first round matchup against Auto.

Now it’s only a question of whether Traktor or Sibir will stumble into the last playoff spot. Traktor is pathetic. No urgency to their effort whatsoever.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
A very important win for Torpedo against Sibir combined with Traktor and Neft losses, they not only guaranteed a playoff spot eliminating Neft, Torpedo also pretty much guaranteed a 7 spot that misses a first round matchup against Auto.

Now it’s only a question of whether Traktor or Sibir will stumble into the last playoff spot. Traktor is pathetic. No urgency to their effort whatsoever.

Sibir has had every opportunity to overtake Traktor but they failed to do so.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm still trying to understand this.... If he comes over this year and plays 9 games in the NHL, he wont be protected in the expansion?

Seeing players like Petterson and Aho produce at their age, goes to show how valuable IQ/game-sense is in this NHL era. I can see Kravstov producing similar numbers, even more so if he's paired with the top-line

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm still trying to understand this.... If he comes over this year and plays 9 games in the NHL, he wont be protected in the expansion?

Seeing players like Petterson and Aho produce at their age, goes to show how valuable IQ/game-sense is in this NHL era. I can see Kravstov producing similar numbers, even more so if he's paired with the top-line

No. He cannot play a single game. The ELC slide is only applicable if the player signs the contract in the calendar year of his 18th or 19th birthday. 2019 is Kravtsov's 20th birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad