Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #9 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW) - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov and Traktor's chances to make the play offs are looking good.

upload_2019-2-18_14-34-8.png

Traktor in 8th with 56 out of 59, Sibir in 9th with 54 out of 60.

Remaining schedule:
Traktor @ Dinamo Moscow (5th in West)
Traktor @ Torpedo Nizny Novgorod (7th)
Traktor vs SKA St Petersburg (2nd in West)

vs Avtomobilist (1st)
@ Avangard (3rd)

Sibir holds a potential tie-breaker, so Sibir needs 2 more points out of their 2 games than Traktor gets out of their 3.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Kravtsov and Traktor's chances to make the play offs are looking good.

View attachment 188243

Traktor in 8th with 56 out of 59, Sibir in 9th with 54 out of 60.

Remaining schedule:
Traktor @ Dinamo Moscow (5th in West)
Traktor @ Torpedo Nizny Novgorod (7th)
Traktor vs SKA St Petersburg (2nd in West)

vs Avtomobilist (1st)
@ Avangard (3rd)

Sibir holds a potential tie-breaker, so Sibir needs 2 more points out of their 2 games than Traktor gets out of their 3.

It would be great if they could get at least a point today against Dinamo. A win, and every game for Sibir becomes a must win.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
From what I remember, SKA, Salavat Yulaev, Admiral, MMG, CSKA use NHL sized rinks while Riga, Slovan and in the past Medvescak used hybrid rinks.

I think the difference of the area behind the net differs 2 feet between IIHF and NHL sized rinks (13" vs 11)" with the defensive zone being a big bigger on NHL sized rinks. The NHL should just switch to IIHF sized rinks. It would change the game for the better, I think.

Anyway, the play Kravtsov made can definitely work in the NHL.

I agree with the last part. We’ve seen players do it before, Datsyuk, most notably.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov with the turnover, creating the initial offensive zone pressure, Glinkin's pressure gives them the puck again in the zone and scores. 1-0 Traktor. If they win, as kovazub said, Sibir has to win their 2 remaining games to have a chance even

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Kravtsov with the turnover, creating the initial offensive zone pressure, Glinkin's pressure gives them the puck again in the zone and scores. 1-0 Traktor. If they win, as kovazub said, Sibir has to win their 2 remaining games to have a chance even
Did Kravtsov get an assist?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Traktor wins, which means Sibir has to win their remaining games and hope Traktor loses both of their remaining games in regulation. Traktor is very close to the play offs

Reactions: kovazub94

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Who would traktor get in rd1?

Need to know how long until the inevitable where JG burns the first year of his ELC

By far the most likely scenario Traktor will be facing Auto (Dawes team) that brought itself to the level of SKA and CSKA this season. Likely a quick elimination in 4-5 games.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I can't wait to see him on NA regulation rink.. I'd be watching Hartford games more than Rangers games

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I can see Kravtsov burning aggressive forwards in the NHL with his stickhandling-in-a-phonebooth skills in the Neutral Zone. He'll cause a turn over in the NZ, pick up the loose puck while he's stationary so the attacking forward aggressively charges him thinking it's an easy strip and turn the other way against a flat footed opponent (happens ALL the time and often goes back and forth a bit with both teams trying to capitalize on the other team's aggression). Kravy then performs a magic trick with the puck making the guy miss, and a quick pass later its an odd man rush the opposite way. Kravy's insanely smooth puck skills will be a huge advantage with the smaller rinks here in NA and the aggressive style most teams play in the NZ these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad