Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
One of PBs problem with assessing players is hes obsessed with players shot. If they got a great shot he overrates them like crazy regardless of their deficiencies in other parts of their game.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Let it go people this is getting obnoxious.
On one hand I get the policing, on the other hand maybe posters that go off the rails in those situations should be better policed then rather than people giving it back in turn down the road

You give it, then you should be able to take it. You take away the retorts but leave the initial stuff from the person who provoked, ain't exactly fair, idk.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
On one hand I get the policing, on the other hand maybe posters that go off the rails in those situations should be better policed then rather than people giving it back in turn down the road

You give it, then you should be able to take it. You take away the retorts but leave the initial stuff from the person who provoked, ain't exactly fair, idk.
The guy doesn't even post here anymore.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
The guy doesn't even post here anymore.
Nobody is commenting on his current posting, we are discussing his past posts. Which weren't deleted or edited by mods or himself. It isn't a personal attack but rather commentary in hindsight on his stalwart opinions that he drove into the ground on others.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I'll be damned if I'm going to defend a guy that I antagonized for so long and who made me want to pull out my hair. But come on.

Moderators cannot "police" people for having poorly-informed opinions, or edit/delete posts because someone is too sensitive. People actually have to break rules in order for them to have action taken against them. We can't expect moderators to just get rid off people who are annoying.

And again--people like me antagonize others for their terrible takes which probably makes it worse. And a whole bunch of other people are guilty of intentionally antagonizing that person, knowing how they would respond to it. So as far as I'm concerned we're culpable in creating that beast. Now we should all let it go (and I am guilty of taking the occasional potshot as well).

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'll be damned if I'm going to defend a guy that I antagonized for so long and who made me want to pull out my hair. But come on.

Moderators cannot "police" people for having poorly-informed opinions, or edit/delete posts because someone is too sensitive. People actually have to break rules in order for them to have action taken against them. We can't expect moderators to just get rid off people who are annoying.

And again--people like me antagonize others for their terrible takes which probably makes it worse. And a whole bunch of other people are guilty of intentionally antagonizing that person, knowing how they would respond to it. So as far as I'm concerned we're culpable in creating that beast. Now we should all let it go (and I am guilty of taking the occasional potshot as well).
Yeah this is why the ignore feature is amazing. On the previous board quoted responses of ppl u had on ignore would still show up.. now it's totally filtered.

It's probably brought my blood pressure down by 30% just liberally using the ignore feature.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Preach

Reactions: nyr2k2

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Yeah, posters should be able to say whatever they want, but way too many people have a habit of dropping Skip Bayless-level hot takes. Then, they get to act like it never happened while dropping new hot takes. It gets exhausting. They should be called out, when appropriate.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah, posters should be able to say whatever they want, but way too many people have a habit of dropping Skip Bayless-level hot takes. Then, they get to act like it never happened while dropping new hot takes. It gets exhausting. They should be called out, when appropriate.

We have some archaeologists here by the way.

Poster A: "I never said that"
Poster B (10 sec later): "Well, here's a quote from 3 years ago"

:laugh:

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

yeah

im still here some how lol

agree tho, your take is reasonable and well stated.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

not just ignoring the incorrect hot takes but also when they get 1 out of 100 right and then scream it from the roof tops about it as proof that they are credible lol...

they should be definitely called out when appropriate and sometimes you need to keep that stuff in mind with how seriously you take the posts, but its definitely not something that mods should be worried about. if mods had to delete every dumb or incorrect thought on this board there would be very few posts left LOL

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
yeah

im still here some how lol

agree tho, your take is reasonable and well stated.
Oh come on ODC, you're a treasure here, LOL. You and I have gotten into it so many times over the years. And you and I and many others. But you always generally kept it civil and within the boundaries of acceptability. Like some of the McIlrath stuff I remember vividly, you were very opinionated, but you weren't a dick about it. And you handled the Lisin stuff for years like a f***ing champ. :laugh:

As long as people try to "fit in" and develop some camaraderie rather than isolating themselves and alienating everyone, it's all good. That'w why you have a guy like bern who sometimes makes me think he's actually insane, but then he comes in with his recorded, extended version of the Star Spangled Banner (copyright Bernhard Helgason!) or some 15-page-long "Merry Christmas!" post, and you're like, yeahhhh, that dude is pretty damn OK. Did you know he holds an active trademark on the name "bernmeister," by the way? I mean, come on.

So yeah, as long as people make some small attempt to fit into the community, the community will generally accept the person. It's those people that come in who think their shit doesn't stink, or who disrespect people who are really, really knowledgeable about the game or played at a high level or whatever, they're the ones that don't last. Or those people who think they're f***ing experts but they're really just teenagers who watch a few illegal KHL streams. Or spammers like he-who-shall-not-be-named (who actually had approximately 50 accounts) that just want to ask about attendance at various arenas--they get the axe, too. :laugh:

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Oh come on ODC, you're a treasure here, LOL. You and I have gotten into it so many times over the years. And you and I and many others. But you always generally kept it civil and within the boundaries of acceptability. Like some of the McIlrath stuff I remember vividly, you were very opinionated, but you weren't a dick about it. And you handled the Lisin stuff for years like a ****ing champ. :laugh:

As long as people try to "fit in" and develop some camaraderie rather than isolating themselves and alienating everyone, it's all good. That'w why you have a guy like bern who sometimes makes me think he's actually insane, but then he comes in with his recorded, extended version of the Star Spangled Banner (copyright Bernhard Helgason!) or some 15-page-long "Merry Christmas!" post, and you're like, yeahhhh, that dude is pretty damn OK. Did you know he holds an active trademark on the name "bernmeister," by the way? I mean, come on.

So yeah, as long as people make some small attempt to fit into the community, the community will generally accept the person. It's those people that come in who think their **** doesn't stink, or who disrespect people who are really, really knowledgeable about the game or played at a high level or whatever, they're the ones that don't last. Or those people who think they're ****ing experts but they're really just teenagers who watch a few illegal KHL streams. Or spammers like he-who-shall-not-be-named (who actually had approximately 50 accounts) that just want to ask about attendance at various arenas--they get the axe, too. :laugh:

Bolded got a chuckle out of me.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
PB should be able to say whatever he wants.

He should also be roasted for saying dumb things. Such is life when you’re tossing out flaming hot takes on a public forum.

Which is exactly what I believe as well. This is the internet. There are no places to hide and if you want to put yourself out there with raging hot takes, you deserve every bit of the criticism that comes your way when you are wrong.

With that being said, I think Auf is just (rightly so) trying to get discussion back on track. It starts with valid criticism of a poster and by the end of the discussion it is somehow confirmed that said poster kicks puppies, tried to steal someones first born child and, loves Nickelback.

We aren't going to stop you all from criticizing each other. That is part of being on a message board. Just make sure it isn't personal, it stays within the rules and the thread stays on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad