Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Miller was looking good in that number 11 jersey. Should we unretire it for K'Andre? Before his first game with us we can have a number 11 jersey come down from the rafters only it says Miller instead of Messier and he just puts on before skating to take his spot in the starting line up!

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
you don't even need to know what number he is just look for the biggest guy on the ice...K'Andre the beast. So pumped to see this kid get better and better. Putting Kakko aside the most boom prospect we've seen in a very long time.
Excited fo see him in Blue but yet patient to let him continue marinating in college.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
b025c9175e2aa95239082319d7cbf832.gif

Attachments

• tenor (7).gif
    tenor (7).gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • DimwittedSociableDuckbillplatypus-size_restricted.gif
    DimwittedSociableDuckbillplatypus-size_restricted.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RGY

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
K’Andre Miller, D, New York Rangers
Miller looked like a returning player, being a quality player at both ends of the rink. His size, physicality and skating has always stood out. What I noticed at the camp was his ability to jump up into attacks, to make plays and to impact the transition game more than I did when he was with the USNTDP. He had a good year at Wisconsin, getting power play time and providing a fair amount of offense. “Being quick in transition is a huge part of my game, whether it’s jumping up into a rush or breaking up plays,” said Miller.

“He’s a high-end prospect,” said one scout of Miller.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I thought you can’t get high-end players at the 23rd pick of the draft.

You get quality D late in the 1st and even in the 2nd( Josi and Subban). The NHL Network ranked their top 20 centers. The majority of them were high 1st rounders. The Rangers rebuild is missing that #1 center. There are a few centers in this draft. It would be nice if Quinn gave the young centers legit opportunities at center so the Rangers can see what they have in the middle before they start looking at other options.

Getting back to Miller. One more year in school and turn pro. He is not far from being a professional hockey player. Those are Tony Granato’s words. The Wisconsin team should be very good this season with Turcotte and Caufeld. They could be one and done players. Turcotte for sure. Holloway will be a top pick in the 2020 draft.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
hes gonna be a stud. that skating is so effortless for such a big lanky dude.

he was raw on draft day. hes still a work in progress. this was a 10 outa 10 move up pick.

hes got a terrific demeanor and that makes a big difference between being good and being great.

kids got all the tools to be one of the top young men in the NHL in the next 2 years.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
You get quality D late in the 1st and even in the 2nd( Josi and Subban). The NHL Network ranked their top 20 centers. The majority of them were high 1st rounders. The Rangers rebuild is missing that #1 center. There are a few centers in this draft. It would be nice if Quinn gave the young centers legit opportunities at center so the Rangers can see what they have in the middle before they start looking at other options.

Getting back to Miller. One more year in school and turn pro. He is not far from being a professional hockey player. Those are Tony Granato’s words. The Wisconsin team should be very good this season with Turcotte and Caufeld. They could be one and done players. Turcotte for sure. Holloway will be a top pick in the 2020 draft.
I suppose K'Andre "brewing" (like a fine wine) and "aging" (like a good cheddar) in Wisconsin is a good thing, (get it?) but think its a selfish act on the Badgers part to "want" him for their teams success. K'Andre could easily be a part if this years Rangers team and progress under the tutelage of Quinn and playing with some of our VETS in the NHL where the competition will rise his game a little more quickly. Playing with Staal would reap him much knowledge, imo.
Then again, if he truly wants to stay there to reap the knowledge that College gives you, well then.......I guess that's cool, and maybe "I" am being the selfish one....not the Badgers.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
Have you told ZBad that?

I like Zib. he is a #1C. but a low #1C. ~25-30th in the NHL. Unless he repeats last season+10pts, he doesnt move off of that assessment. Its really hard to win a cup with low-end #1C.

Zibby as our #2C would be ideal. Pairing him with a Lundell/Pefetti/Rossi/Lapierre is a must.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
not many teams have a #2 C that puts up 70+ points. People aren't being realistic here. It's also extremely hard to fit that kind of "depth" under the cap

Reactions: lucky13 and romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->