Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft / Pick #22 - K'Andre Miller (D) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The problem for people's perception of trading up was that Dubas took less than the expected return to allow St. Louis to move up for Bokk. Gorton did what he usually does, pays the expected market price, and doesn't look to screw his trade partner. Dubas showed his inexperience.

Reactions: egelband

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The problem for people's perception of trading up was that Dubas took less than the expected return to allow St. Louis to move up for Bokk. Gorton did what he usually does, pays the expected market price, and doesn't look to screw his trade partner. Dubas showed his inexperience.

Actually, the price of the TOR-STL trade was lower because it was initiated by Toronto trading down, not St Louis trading up

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I actually remember Miller being one of my “area” targets, guys that I was looking for in the area around the pick. Dimly remember something about a prospect tracking thing (might have been Corey Sznajder’s?) that had Miller as 80th percentile minimum for every stat covered.

(I wanted Nils too, but that was because of his name lol)

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
This Thoroughbred is just 19 years old. Any chance we see him next season..?

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
This Thoroughbred is just 19 years old. Any chance we see him next season..?

I would think the closest we'll see him is after NCAA season finishes, he signs an ELC that starts in 20/21 and then signs an ATO with Hartford to finish off the season.

But with the NHL? No.

Reactions: Leetch3

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
As in ‘Special K’
Ahhh the memories..

6f406c59547b0d5d8dc33c5df5db5ff9.jpg

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I would think the closest we'll see him is after NCAA season finishes, he signs an ELC that starts in 20/21 and then signs an ATO with Hartford to finish off the season.

i wont be surprised if he returns for his junior year as well,
as Skjei did after losing in the title game as a soph, unless they win NCAA title

Wisco has assembled an impressive roster of talent -
recall that both Alex Turcotte and Cole Caufield among the entering freshmen -
this can be a very special couple of years for these guys,
and the NHL will be their life for the following ~10 years afterwards either way

Reactions: NewLife

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
as Skjei did after losing in the title game as a soph, unless they win NCAA title

and the NHL will be their life for the following ~10 years afterwards either way

Maybe...but if he has a dominant year and is ready to move on development-wise it could be a bad idea to try to chase that title. You cost yourself millions of dollars doing that and development time

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a great sophomore season and signed in march/april whether it be with the rangers or a pto with Hartford and then challenged for a roster spot next september.

Reactions: Mikos87

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if he had a great sophomore season and signed in march/april whether it be with the rangers or a pto with Hartford and then challenged for a roster spot next september.
Agreed, really hope Staal gets healthy scratched if he's not bought out. We have too much talent waiting.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

I could see that depending on how things shake out with him and the team this season, but Tony Granato said he is close to being NHL ready and that was last season. Gotta think he takes another stride this season and especially offensively with the firepower Wisconsin is bringing in.

I think he'll definitely be ready next season and both the Rangers and K'Andre will want to take the next step to the pros in some capacity (and get paid)

Also, there are several Ranger prospects on defense trying to crack the lineup over the next two years. I think he would beat all of these guys out, but you don't want to have a logjam of young D with more pro experience to hurdle through in camp.

I'd say Fox, Hajek, Rykov, Lundkvist, Keane, Lindgren, Reunanen, Jones and even Robertson all have a legit shot to compete for a spot (or already have one) by 20-21 and 21-22. And that's a great problem to have for the Rangers. Dont want to hijack the thread but I'm actually the most excited for Roberston out of that group.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Miller might get time in the AHL, but if he wants to really be at the front of making the team as early as possible, he's going to want to turn pro in 9 months time. While guys like Rykov and Hajek are battling to be in the NHL, he would get the jump on most of the others looking to make the jump. The others are either too far away from making it or would be on the same trajectory he is. It would be good for all parties, if he has a successful NCAA season that he turns pro and is fighting for a roster spot in 14 months.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The way the Rangers perform next season might be a part of the equation too re. decision for Miller to leave the school. IMHO he might stay another year if the team is not a playoff contender / bubble team deep into March / April and Wisconsin missed out on a title

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
The way the Rangers perform next season might be a part of the equation too re. decision for Miller to leave the school. IMHO he might stay another year if the team is not a playoff contender / bubble team deep into March / April and Wisconsin missed out on a title

I think the success or failure of wisconsin will play a bigger role than the rangers record...also depends on how our blue line looks. if we still have staal and smith here next year riding out the final year of their contracts on the left side could effect the decision too

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I think the success or failure of wisconsin will play a bigger role than the rangers record...also depends on how our blue line looks. if we still have staal and smith here next year riding out the final year of their contracts on the left side could effect the decision too

For sure. Just that Rangers performance as one of the factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad