OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
ESPN's panel of football experts went 14 - 26 this Wildcard Weekend picking the winners.

Not against the spread, mind you, just picking the outright game winners.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
my brother came by tonight…..he is also a bears fan... he rolled his eyes about parkey's kick/kicks…..said, "that guys career is over"

i laughed in agreement

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
ESPN's panel of football experts went 14 - 26 this Wildcard Weekend picking the winners.

Not against the spread, mind you, just picking the outright game winners.

I feel like the experts try too hard and or feel a need to disagree with each other so there is a talking point during the pick em segment.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I don't think New Orleans blows the Eagles out either, but I think they win comfortably

something like 31-17

The Eagles will score more than 17 points. I'll put all my chips into the middle of the table if the Eagles Points line is set at 17.

The question is, can the Eagles keep the Saints to less than 30'ish points? I have significant doubts.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The Eagles will score more than 17 points. I'll put all my chips into the middle of the table if the Eagles Points line is set at 17.

The question is, can the Eagles keep the Saints to less than 30'ish points? I have significant doubts.

Over/under is 50 right now.

Gut reaction is to take the over

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
on the road*

at home, they are a completely different team.

also the Cowboys beat Philly twice, so

Wentz played both games for the eagles against the Cowboys. Foles is better, they are a different team with him and especially different in the playoffs. They also seem to have a horseshoe pretty far up their ass, so I could definitely see them winning this

Reactions: Devils Dominion

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
PHI will have success throwing the ball. I’m skeptical they will run well but that won’t be fatal for them. For NO if the o-line is healthy they will give Brees time to throw and lanes for Kamara and Ingram to run through. If the o-line is banged up and can’t block well it will be a long day for NO and likely a nail biter of a game.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I don't know what to think of McCarthy potentially coming to the Jets. My first reaction would be, this guy only won one Superbowl with Aaron Rodgers.

My next thought is, when was the last time the Jets had a coach who won a Superbowl? :laugh: Parcells?

I'm intrigued by Rhule out of Baylor, but think we're likely bring in McCarthy.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Philly still +8
I'm thinking it drops to around 6/6.5 by Sunday

I think folks that follow the Saints are waiting for the o-line injury report which I have made note of while posting about this game. It’s been a lot of the chatter in NO on talk radio and the bigger fan websites. I can’t imagine it will escape the attention of the smart bettors.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Want to see the Chargers run the table. Rivers finally gets a Super Bowl. And how pissed off would the people of SD be? :laugh:

It's been rough the last couple of years. Still can cheer for the players but haven't bought any merch or given much thought to seeing a game up in LA. My other buddy compared it like going through a divorce. You might dislike your former partner (ie, the owner in this scenario) but you still care about the kids (the players).

Similar to the Quebec/Colorado comparison, the Ravens won their Super Bowl not too long after having moved from Cleveland. Maybe it'd have been harder to cheer for them if they had a new team name / uniform like the Titans/Ravens when they moved, but in a weird way they still look like the same team that was in San Diego.

Still a rough path though; Would likely take two more road wins in cold weather to just get to the Super Bowl.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Does Joe Beningo finally die on air tomorrow with this news?

I can’t see this working for the Jets

Me waiting for Joe and Evan tomorrow morning

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad