OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I'm sure but I've never seen anyone wear Rams gear.

Oddly enough I've parked near two different cars with Colts license plate frames this past week (def different cars)

Did you pick them as your team during the Kurt Warner era?
i actually just chose them within the last few years, about three years ago when they got Goff. buddy of mine was always a Rams fan and i had watched with him and decided to pick an NFL team (always had allegience to NJ and nobody else )

so now im a Devils and Rams fan, thinking of picking a Premiere league team as well as a basketball team. trying to expand my horizons so im not just obsessive over the Devils all the time. because i watch these sports but would just pick a team each game i wanted to win

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I’d be surprised if it moved to that. Maybe it settles at -6? I’d wait to see injury report on NO o-line before betting.

Well, they have had a week to heal and rest.

I don't think Philly suffered any injuries today.

I'm really hoping that Brees gets to the Super Bowl, he deserves it.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So with a big spread against PHI again next week is it as easy a bet? NO apparently opens anywhere from -8 to -9 from what I read.

I would avoid this game like the plague.

It's incredibly enticing to bet on the SuperBowl Champion Eagles with a +8 or +9 point spread, but the problem is as I've mentioned before the Eagles are starting guys in the secondary who will never play at Cornerback & Safety again in the NFL.

Late in the game today, you saw the Bears coach telling their QB to GO AFTER Avonte Maddox again, and again, and again, and again. Guess what? Unlike Trubisky, nobody is going to have to "tell" Drew Brees to go after the "weakest link" in the Eagles secondary, he's going to toss deep from the 1st sequence of the 1st quarter. It could get ugly quick.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
i actually just chose them within the last few years, about three years ago when they got Goff. buddy of mine was always a Rams fan and i had watched with him and decided to pick an NFL team (always had allegience to NJ and nobody else )

so now im a Devils and Rams fan, thinking of picking a Premiere league team as well as a basketball team. trying to expand my horizons so im not just obsessive over the Devils all the time. because i watch these sports but would just pick a team each game i wanted to win

Devils are of most importance of course, I always tell people the other sports just move along time til the next Devils game.

With the 8 NFL teams left, I actually like around 6 of them.

But pulling for Brees and the Saints to run the table

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I get there’s almost never regular season carryover but the Saints just flat embarrassed the Eagles in the regular season, can’t see how they turn the table back in NO again. It’ll probably be closer but I can’t see that D stopping Brees or the Eagles offense winning a track meet.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I kinda want another Pat's eagles Superbowl, but this time, the Pats stomp the eagles into the ground so hard they have to call the game at halftime. It would be nice if NO could do that instead, though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I expect that to drop. NO o-line injury status should tell you what you need to know about the game. See who practices and game status on Friday. If O-line is healthy it will be tough sledding for PHI. If o-line is patchwork PHI has a real chance.

I see it coming down to a late field goal.

There is no way that the Saints win big
Philly is white hot, as are the Colts

Last edited:

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Want to see the Chargers run the table. Rivers finally gets a Super Bowl. And how pissed off would the people of SD be? :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Want to see the Chargers run the table. Rivers finally gets a Super Bowl. And how pissed off would the people of SD be? :laugh:

That's a bug, not a feature. I'd like to see the Chargers win - or Chiefs who also haven't won in a long time - but I'd feel bad for the people of SD. Just like how Quebec got stiffed when the Avs won the Cup the next year (though it did change the landscape in that Roy would have never gotten traded to Quebec).

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I see it coming down to a late field goal.

There is no way that the Saints win big
Philly is white hot, as are the Colts

PHI scored under 20 points, won on a deflected 43 yard field goal, and gave up 300 yards passing to Trubisky. I agree PHI is playing well and could win but I don’t see them as white hot.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
PHI scored under 20 points, won on a deflected 43 yard field goal, and gave up 300 yards passing to Trubisky. I agree PHI is playing well and could win but I don’t see them as white hot.

Rub your eyes and look again
They have won must win games for weeks

My3Sons

Sponsor
Rub your eyes and look again
They have won must win games for weeks

Our definition of white hot is different. To me “white hot” implies winning big and convincingly. Finding ways to win close games in different ways to me “clutch”. I can’t call a team that scores 16 points white hot but that’s just my opinion and I certainly think they have been clutch. They also have the added motivation of revenge.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
That's a bug, not a feature. I'd like to see the Chargers win - or Chiefs who also haven't won in a long time - but I'd feel bad for the people of SD. Just like how Quebec got stiffed when the Avs won the Cup the next year (though it did change the landscape in that Roy would have never gotten traded to Quebec).
It was 4 years later but I recall feeling awful for Browns fans (and myself) in 2000. That franchise left and essentially became a perennial contender of sorts.

Personally I'm pulling for the Chiefs as they were my AFC team when I was a child. Montana, Allen, Smith, Thomas, Okoye, loved those teams until I was old enough to realize that I don't care about Missouri. Unfortunately I don't think they're the same team since Hunt (deservedly) got the boot and believe any team left in the AFC or whoever comes out of the NFC can beat them.

If they can't win I'd like to see Brees go out on top and give that town their 4,382nd reason to celebrate in 2019.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

I mean, the Bears were the NFL's #1 ranked defense, and Chicago only rushed for 65 total yards. That was a solid road playoff game played by the Eagles yesterday.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I will be literally SHOCKED if the Eagles win this game.

Hell, I will be shocked if they keep it close.

I will be surprised if the Eagles win this game, but I will be shocked if New Orleans absolutely blows them out again.

Pederson playing NO once already should be a big game design help, and it's not like the Saints learned anything playing the Eagles at the Eagles absolute low-point of the season. That game was also literally Carson Wentz's worst NFL game of his career, and it wasnt because NO's defense was masterful, it was because Wentz had a terrible game.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I mean, the Bears were the NFL's #1 ranked defense, and Chicago only rushed for 65 total yards. That was a solid road playoff game played by the Eagles yesterday.

It was. I don’t see that as a “white hot” performance however. They were clutch and I agree they were solid. They can win this week but they will have to play somewhat better than against the Bears. I would also suggest that CHI doesn’t have a difference maker at RB. Cohen is a nice player but he’s not Kamara and Ingram.

I still think the game will hinge on the NO o-line health. They had three injured starters last week. We will have to see who practices this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad