OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
If the Cowboys had an NFL quarterback this game would be 34 to 9 Cowboys, and out-of-reach right now.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Eagles just got screwed again on the game tying TD, and that probably ends their season.

Just disgusting refereeing again. And this time it likely ends a teams' season.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Now the refs call a penalty on Dallas, but then PICK it up, which is basically a free timeout for the Cowboys, which gives them at least 1 extra play for the game winning Field Goal.

This is getting insane. Just award the game to the Cowboys and save us the time from watching.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
It's hilarious watching the game and the broadcast crew handing it over to Mike Pereira on back to back plays. The officiating has been horrendous in this game

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I don't care for either team but I could really use a shot of Jerruh Jones in his suite with a beat red face after his Cowboys lose

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
At this point I'd rather the Cowboys score a TD than have the Eagles lose on the NFL's LOL OT rules that care more about TV than fairness.

EDIT: And the Eagles season ends on a fluke TD. Amazing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Eh I don't need the Jets winning out but I'm glad they got this one cause of Darnold leading the game-winning drive. At most they'll go 5-11, they aren't beating the Texans or Pats.

Don't want the Dolphins to make the playoffs but holy **** dat ending even gives me chills.

That was legitimately insane.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
DAL will have their comeuppance when they have to go on the road in the playoffs.

DAL will have their comeuppance when they play a team with either a decent secondary, or a secondary that isnt ravaged by injury like the Eagles.

Here's how you beat Dallas:

1) The defensive game plan is designed to take away Elliot

2) Achieve #1, and you make Dallas beat you with Dak throwing DOWNfield (i.e. not the 95% of screen passes he lobs).

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
DAL will have their comeuppance when they play a team with either a decent secondary, or a secondary that isnt ravaged by injury like the Eagles.

Here's how you beat Dallas:

1) The defensive game plan is designed to take away Elliot

2) Achieve #1, and you make Dallas beat you with Dak throwing DOWNfield (i.e. not the 95% of screen passes he lobs).

With more consistent reffing they probably lose the last two games.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I am not a Cowboys fan but I bet them yesterday and I cannot agree. There were bad calls both ways the last 2 weeks. The first play was terrible, but the calls likely evened out. Dallas was called for 11 penalties for 111 yards. The Eagles were 5 for 49.

The Cowboys dominated the game statistically. The yardage was 576 to 256. I do not think the Eagles should have won that game. My wallet definitely is glad they did not!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I am not a Cowboys fan but I bet them yesterday and I cannot agree. There were bad calls both ways the last 2 weeks. The first play was terrible, but the calls likely evened out. Dallas was called for 11 penalties for 111 yards. The Eagles were 5 for 49.

The Cowboys dominated the game statistically. The yardage was 576 to 256. I do not think the Eagles should have won that game. My wallet definitely is glad they did not!

Dallas was the better team by a wide margin

Philly DB screwed up on the game winning TD pass

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

The entire game was changed on the first play, when Dallas fumbled the kickoff and the Eagles recover on the 16 yard line, yet miraculously they awarded the Cowboys the ball. Eagles would have been playing with probably a 7 point lead, or at least a 3 point lead even if they blew it, instead, Dallas took the early lead.

Of course, the Eagles also could have won if they didn't miss an extra point, so there's that, but yes, the Cowboys season is beyond fortunate at this point and they probably should be 5-8, not 8-5.

Philly DB screwed up on the game winning TD pass

How do you figure? He played it perfectly. Even Aikman agreed, and he's a Dallas homer. It was just a complete fluke bounce that allowed Dallas to score, or they're attempting a long FG try and the Eagles get the ball back for the tie or the win.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The entire game was changed on the first play, when Dallas fumbled the kickoff and the Eagles recover on the 16 yard line, yet miraculously they awarded the Cowboys the ball. Eagles would have been playing with probably a 7 point lead, or at least a 3 point lead even if they blew it, instead, Dallas took the early lead.

Of course, the Eagles also could have won if they didn't miss an extra point, so there's that, but yes, the Cowboys season is beyond fortunate at this point and they probably should be 5-8, not 8-5.

How do you figure? He played it perfectly. Even Aikman agreed, and he's a Dallas homer. It was just a complete fluke bounce that allowed Dallas to score, or they're attempting a long FG try and the Eagles get the ball back for the tie or the win.

Fluke or not knocking the ball, however you want to interpret it.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Bears played an excellent game against the Rams. It’s still difficult for young QBs to win on the road in adverse conditions. Goff and Mahomes can really pile it on when front running but as Mahomes couldn’t get it done late in the game at LA, Goff couldn’t quite make it happen against the Bears. Both are great talents and have many bright years ahead of them but I wasn’t surprised by the Bears winning last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad