OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Seattle should easily win tonight

Due to the Seahawks win, it appears this could be one of the years where an 8-8 team gets into the playoffs, unless one of the Panthers, Eagles, or Redskins run the table, which I dont see as likely.

Of course, the Vikings are 6-6-1, but given they've lost 3 of their last 4, I'm not sure I like their chances at taking 2 of 3 from Dolphins, Lions, and Bears.

EDIT: Although I guess the Bears will rest everyone, so I'm rethinking that

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Due to the Seahawks win, it appears this could be one of the years where an 8-8 team gets into the playoffs, unless one of the Panthers, Eagles, or Redskins run the table, which I dont see as likely.

Of course, the Vikings are 6-6-1, but given they've lost 3 of their last 4, I'm not sure I like their chances at taking 2 of 3 from Dolphins, Lions, and Bears.

EDIT: Although I guess the Bears will rest everyone, so I'm rethinking that

Hard to say if Bears game will matter for them. NO and LA may or may not keep winning.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Hard to say if Bears game will matter for them. NO and LA may or may not keep winning.

They're both 11-2 versus the Bears 9-4.

Tough to see it mattering, but you never know. I'm not sure how the tiebreakers for Chicago vs. N.O. or L.A. shake out, and that could end up being the difference for that final game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Although I usually disdain the tank mentality (especially in hockey where there's a triple lottery) today's game really was the best of both worlds for a Jet fan. Darnold played well but the rest of the team made just enough mistakes to give Bowles his third straight double-digit loss season and end the 7-9 we might keep the coach potential nightmare.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The spread on the Eagles game tonight ballooned to +13.5 given Wentz is injured.

I'm not going to bet on it given all their injuries, but Foles is one of the best backups in football, and the Eagles have only been blown out once all year. That line definitely intrigues me.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
The spread on the Eagles game tonight ballooned to +13.5 given Wentz is injured.

I'm not going to bet on it given all their injuries, but Foles is one of the best backups in football, and the Eagles have only been blown out once all year. That line definitely intrigues me.
I am passing on that game as well. Rams should be motivated after last weeks loss and the Eagles need this one to stay alive. I look for games where I think one team will be much more motivated than the other.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If nothing else in a wasted season for the Giants, it was validated that Barkley was the best player in the draft.
They made the right pick.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe the NFL wants us to get a top pick too, I didn't know you could go to replay just to CALL an offsetting penalty that wasn't called on the field.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Maybe the NFL wants us to get a top pick too, I didn't know you could go to replay just to CALL an offsetting penalty that wasn't called on the field.

The usual garbage officiating
And I dislike both teams, but caught OT when I got home , and the zebras are horrific

Pitts just got screwed against my Saints :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->