OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Jets and Giants are costing themselves better draft position

It hardly matters for the Jets at this point, just so long as they don't cost themselves Bowles' firing. I doubt they'll win many more games, I figured they'd get another random win or two at some point though. The Giants it's a little more problematic for the obvious reason.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If they didn't fire Bowles during the bye week after the Buffalo fiasco they're not going to now.

But holy hell if that wasn't Same Old Jets and Same Old Todd :laugh:

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
My dad texted me when the Jets were up 16-0. He was so happy. I said it's early, they're gonna lose.

LULZ. Bowles is pathetic

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Cannot wait for this miserable season to end.

There’s already some promise with defense at least, shut Sam down for the rest of the year removing the stink of Bowles off of him, hire an offensive minded coach next year and build around him.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I'm not picking on the Jets, but that sweatshirt that Bowles is wearing is lame

It's some pathetic league wide thing with team quotes and nicknames. Bears wore Monsters of the Midway. Just a way to squeeze more money out of the fans

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Not sure why the Jets aren't in on McCarthy right now. Not that he's going to walk in right away week 13 but when season ends they need to be ready to hire him Black Monday and have all the groundwork laid. The first part of that groundwork is the elimination of Bowles.

Darnold has to play. He is ready and should start against the Bills. I don't think it is beneficial to his development to be shut down really

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
If they didn't fire Bowles during the bye week after the Buffalo fiasco they're not going to now.

But holy hell if that wasn't Same Old Jets and Same Old Todd :laugh:

I don't really listen to WFAN but Boomer Esiason who does a morning show was heavily suggesting without outright saying it that Bowles may be gone today. Not sure what his reputation is as an NFL insider or who leaks to him but it seemed like he knew something

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Maybe the Jets should get a good football coach like Saban. Oh wait, he can’t just get the NFL All Pro team to play for him and play against 14 bad teams and two good ones? Yeah, the Jets should get a good football coach but Saban isn’t one.

Reactions: New Jersey

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
XFL returns in 2020
A team will play at MetLife

It better have NJ in its name or at worst "Metropolitan" like the Riviters

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The XFL making a comeback just as the NFL is regaining its footing. The XFL won't even make it through a year. I'm still not convinced it will actually launch. The NFL has not even taken the gloves off regarding suffocating that baby in the crib. Remember the WHA II when the NHL was on lockout? Where did that go?

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Whatever this d.o.a XFL team will be named, they will identify with NY and NY exclusively. The population there is massive and they will cater to them. They're probably afraid to go NY/NJ with the name as well because they think the NY based fans would feel dragging Jersey into it cheapens things.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Whatever this d.o.a XFL team will be named, they will identify with NY and NY exclusively. The population there is massive and they will cater to them. They're probably afraid to go NY/NJ with the name as well because they think the NY based fans would feel dragging Jersey into it cheapens things.

Well screw them if that's the case

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ

THIS.

Well screw them if that's the case

And THIS.

Though to be honest I'd have 0% interest in XFL anyway. I'd rather watch professional miniature golf (not even kidding).

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Late season football can be very strange. All of a sudden Giants look great. Saints look terrible and Green Bay looks better with a coach who just took over.

For as lousy as the Giants are on paper and have shown so on the field, they've also lost 3 games by less than a touch down and could easily be 7-5.

But they aren't and here we are today :laugh:

Reactions: My3Sons

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Giants are playing the most injury riddled team in the NFL that starts a QB that would struggle in a north jersey flag football league

Let's not get all giddy about their win today.

Jets are doing it right, at this point a loss is a win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad