OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The usual garbage officiating
And I dislike both teams, but caught OT when I got home , and the zebras are horrific

Pitts just got screwed against my Saints :naughty:

PIT line held Saints D line all game. Refs let rodeo hog riding go all game. Saints did a bad job calling plays and Brees didn’t check down enough. Game shouldn’t have been as close as it was.

As an aside the dome hit over 108 decibels on the last PIT drive. Loudest I’ve ever heard it.

Now NO gets a two week break for their core starters. Their O line needs it.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Darnold and Mayfield were both beyond brilliant today. Darnold doing it with no weapons. Mayfield has turned Cleveland into a winner

Can you imagine the insanity if one day the Brownies and the Jets play in an AFC Title Game? It will be like when the Cubs played the Indians in the World Series

But these two are the future of the AFC. I don't know about Lamar Jacksons shelf life playing like this

My3Sons

Sponsor
Jets game was borderline unwatchable with that horrendous officiating

That’s an ongoing problem this year. The refs are worse than any year I can recall. Inconsistent and unsure of themselves and way too many instances of small delays while they talk with each other or look at each other waiting for one of them to do something. Way too many games where the refs decide who wins.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Predictions for Black Monday?

Vance Joseph
Dirk Koetter
Todd Bowles
Ron Rivera
Marvin Lewis
Steve Wilks

Marrone I think is staying. A potential surprise firing could be Tomlin. There were people in Pitt who wanted him out last season. Gase I think is going to stick around

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
The best pick the Giants can get is 5 as the jets, raiders, and 9ers are going to get annihilated this week.

Knowing them they'll squeak out a meaningless win against Jerry's kids and end up picking a safety at 11.

Great job guys.

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
The best pick the Giants can get is 5 as the jets, raiders, and 9ers are going to get annihilated this week.

Knowing them they'll squeak out a meaningless win against Jerry's kids and end up picking a safety at 11.

Great job guys.

Well they do need a pass rusher and even if worst case scenario happens for them the Giants can end up with a solid pass rusher in their slot. Perhaps someone like Greg Little (tackle from Ole Miss) ends up available when they're on the clock as well. So it's not like they won't be in a good position to plug a big hole somewhere. Don't touch any of these QB's though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Well they do need a pass rusher and even if worst case scenario happens for them the Giants can end up with a solid pass rusher in their slot. Perhaps someone like Greg Little (tackle from Ole Miss) ends up available when they're on the clock as well. So it's not like they won't be in a good position to plug a big hole somewhere. Don't touch any of these QB's though.
Pass rusher is priority #1.

That secondary will need some pieces as well.

Oddly, despite the O-line being as bad as one could be early in the season, I think we are OK at the moment.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That’s an ongoing problem this year. The refs are worse than any year I can recall. Inconsistent and unsure of themselves and way too many instances of small delays while they talk with each other or look at each other waiting for one of them to do something. Way too many games where the refs decide who wins.

People say this every year.

I think with technology we just see more.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
People say this every year.

I think with technology we just see more

I disagree, I mean, we've had TV instant replay since the stone age.

If I were to give the refs an "out" here, it's the fact the NFL has altered the rules to make the job of reffing MUCH harder with all these moronic new penalties:

Roughing the passer (via anymore worse than flag football play)
Hit to the helmet (which is just crazy subjective)
New catch rules (which are silly)
Holding (used to have to be OBVIOUS, now I feel it could be called every play)

Just to name a few......

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I disagree, I mean, we've had TV instant replay since the stone age.

If I were to give the refs an "out" here, it's the fact the NFL has altered the rules to make the job of reffing MUCH harder with all these moronic new penalties:

Roughing the passer (via anymore worse than flag football play)
Hit to the helmet (which is just crazy subjective)
New catch rules (which are silly)
Holding (used to have to be OBVIOUS, now I feel it could be called every play)

Just to name a few......
We've had instant replay for awhiles, but 50" HDTV's are a relatively new thing.

And they have softened the game, I think a fair amount of it is warranted, though some of it is a little much, but yes that is put on the ref's when it's really the league.

I've heard people say that they could call holding on every play since I was pretty young.

End of the day, officiating is tough, it get's tougher because the speed of the game has gotten faster and we see more because of technology. Obviously the officials aren't perfect, but they never were.

My3Sons

Sponsor
To me it’s the uneven standards and the apparent shift of the NFL to NBA style home cooking. Go watch the two NO and ATL games from last season. In ATL the ratio was about 10-1 in favor of the home team and then the same was true in NO. It was a joke and the worst part was you knew after the refs decided the game in ATL that they would do the same in NO and they did. To some extent I saw that this past Sunday in the NO and PIT game. I don’t recall that sort of biased reffing in years past.

Plus the inability to make straight forward calls is also poor. Again in the NO PIT game the TD pass to MICHAEL THOMAS was an easy call. It took about five minutes for them to watch the replay. Even worse you see a ref within a few feet of the catch and he was looking righty at it and completely blew it in a big spot in a big game. Just terrible.

The NFL should stop with the penny pinching and just make refs a full time position. They could work on it and the quality would go up. For all the money the league makes part time refs is a big money saver? I guess you could build a house out of straw instead of bricks also since that would save money.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Dallas fans have totally taken over MetLife today.

Why are they playing Prescott and risk injury?

Saints were smart to rest a few of their stars, meaningless game vs Carolina

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Garret is playing with fire keeping Prescott in, in meaningless game.

I'd yank him now.

Jets, know it's best if they lose but what a gutless no-Show effort today

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
And that should lock up RoY, if it was ever really in question.

68 yarder on a draw, over 100 rushing on the day with 3 left in the 3rd for Barkley.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And that should lock up RoY, if it was ever really in question.

68 yarder on a draw, over 100 rushing on the day with 3 left in the 3rd for Barkley.

It wasn't although if the Browns had fired Hue/Todd and started Mayfield sooner he might have given him a run for his money.

What a day for Josh Allen

He's basically a more well-built Lamar Jackson, a good RB playing QB. He could be the Northeast version of Cam Newton if he lasts playing the way he does.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad