NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs Part II

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Harden 2-13 from the 3 point line.
Gordon 2-12, Ariza 0-9.

That is bad, Harden was dropping them in game 6 in the first quarter and he gives us this big fat dud.

Also Houston missing 27 straight 3 point attempts.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
While this has been disappointing I think we have to look at it objectively. The Western Conference Finals could well have ended differently had CP3 been healthy, and likewise in the East with a healthy Kyrie.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another amazing third quarter, especially from Curry, was once again the difference. A lot of other factors in play as well but I think the game was lost in that few minutes stretch.

Unfortunate way for the Rockets to go out. They fought hard all series but just didn't have enough in the end. The CP3 injury was something they couldn't come back from.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I don't think Harden is a good enough player to lead a team to a title. That's why they needed Paul. Harden just can't take over a game on his own the way guys like Lebron and Durant can.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
while the refs were pretty trash and missed some key calls, rockets shot terribly.. nobody to blame but themselves.

how do you miss 27(?) straight threes...?

if cp3 was healthy I'm confident they would've taken this series.

now to see gs sweep the abysmal cavs...

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
while the refs were pretty trash and missed some key calls, rockets shot terribly.. nobody to blame but themselves.

Cant say nothing bad about the refs when Houston was absolute trash from 3

Apr 28, 2010
Hard for me to blame Harden this time. He still needs some help. Harden vs the big 3 of GSW? Forget it.

Although if Gordon made one more 3 and Ariza even at 30% from the 3, they could've won the game. Also didn't help that CP3 was out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't think Harden is a good enough player to lead a team to a title. That's why they needed Paul. Harden just can't take over a game on his own the way guys like Lebron and Durant can.

I think fatigue was once again the main factor with him. Maybe not a great excuse because everyone else is also playing nearly identical minutes but he has to do so much for his team. I don't see things changing all that much with his usage either unless Morey pulls off a miracle in free agency with LeBron/George. Still, whatever the reason, those were some really poor performances by him when they needed him most.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX

Yep, that was a real kick in the teeth, was hoping they'd have Paul for at least Game 7. With him, they're up 3-2 and gave those jackdix their first real challenge in years, pushed their *** to the elimination door. But losing Paul was huge. His defense, his quarterbacking of the offense, the depth. It all suffered. No doubt here either they'd have won at least the Game 7 with him. The fact the Rockets hung with them in both Games 6 and 7 then faded in the second half was pretty solid evidence. Let those cocky bums get escape.....

And yeah missing 27 straight threes...good lord even the law of averages says you'll hit a handful of those. Some of them were pretty atrocious shots which again says fatigue. But hey, they weren't intimidated, they punched those clowns in the mouth and they (GS) needed Paul to get hurt to put them away.

Now they need to pony up some cash this offseason to keep some guys and look for additional help. Of course the LeBron circus will start up again too since everyone always brings up Houston as a potential destination for him. What fun lol.

F*k!

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I think fatigue was once again the main factor with him. Maybe not a great excuse because everyone else is also playing nearly identical minutes but he has to do so much for his team. I don't see things changing all that much with his usage either unless Morey pulls off a miracle in free agency with LeBron/George. Still, whatever the reason, those were some really poor performances by him when they needed him most.
He looked great in the first half, but he started straight up chucking in the 2nd half.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Make no mistake, Houston shot themselves in the foot tonight majorly.

That being said, that doesn't mean you can't put the refs on blast for that abomination of a game they called. Gordon getting murdered while going to the rim, the callback on the 4 point play. Houston was just mentally broken by the end of the game with the combo of the tilted court and the worst shooting slump in playoff history.

Hell, you could probably argue the fact they were getting killed at the rim with no reprimand from the refs might be the fact why they shot so many 3's. They could have called so much **** in favor of Houston to the point it probably would have kept the game close (deserved calls too, not chinsy ****) but nah, gotta protect the dynasty.

Scott Foster was the ref, he had ties to that corrupt as **** ref who got busted years ago.

NHL fans wanna whine about the league tilting the ice in favor of Vegas? They don't have a clue what actual rigging looks like.

This league is a *****ing joke and the refs will never get the benefit of the doubt because of the past findings.

Reactions: LaVar

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, you'd think when they got to about 15/16/17 consecutive missed 3's that the game plan would change. I mean, CLEARLY at that point you just don't have it tonight from deep. They were working soooooo well with Capela in the first half, too.

It's confusing, really. 27 in a row. How does Mike D'Antoni not step in at some point and put a stop to the madness? Blows my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad