NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs Part II

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Their whole cap situation is just a complete fluke. Kyrie and Love injured in 2015, CP3 this year.
Every playoff opponent they had in 2015 was missing their starting pg.

And don't forget about Kawhi being injured last year, but I guess it's not luck when you intentionally take him out.

Reactions: LaVar and Aladyyn

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
2 7-game series in the conference finals and people are complaining that the playoffs are *boring*?

Because the same teams win again. Where is the variety?

4 straight years of the same matchup is boring.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Pels were better without Cousins
Debatable. They were coming on right before he got hurt WITH him.

Draymond deserved a suspension in the OKC series; he 100% did not deserve a suspension in the finals for what he did to LeBron.
Meh. He made his bed and had to lay in it. Comparing Draymond missing a game cause he's too dumb to avoid techs + Curry being hurt (yet still playing every game) to Kyrie + Love literally not even playing is bogus.

Reactions: LaVar and dim jim

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Debatable. They were coming on right before he got hurt WITH him.

Meh. He made his bed and had to lay in it. Comparing Draymond missing a game cause he's too dumb to avoid techs + Curry being hurt (yet still playing every game) to Kyrie + Love literally not even playing is bogus.
The argument was about how the Warriors were/are lucky, not about calling the two equal circumstances.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Happy GS won

How does a coach let his team continue to take 3's when they are missing them at record #'s? Also why on earth was Ariza on the court with that horrid performance?

He should have been stapled to bench most of 2nd half

Because they've been shooting 3s all year. Made more 3s than any team in history. They live and die by 3s.

Reactions: Virtanen18

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well you compared them as if they were equal. Playing 5v1 against Lebron that first series is more lucky by a country mile.
Again, the argument was about luck. If people want to claim the Warriors got lucky the Cavs had no Kyrie/Love that is fine, but the same can be said the very next season for the Warriors having an injured Curry and a suspended Draymond.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
And because their coach is a moron.

I disagree. Again, after the Game 3 blowout it seemed like MD realized they weren't going to typically outscore the Warriors, and he changed up their style of play considerably, and on the fly, which I didn't expect. The next couple games were real grinders. But then Paul getting hurt changed everything, their defense, their offensive game.

And they were good at 3-point shooting all year, I think fatigue and some desperation were kicking in, but like I said a couple days ago mathematically you'd think some of those shots would have gone in. They had open looks, it wasn't like the Warriors were playing suffocating defense.

Very frustrating Paul got hurt, because the "invincible" Warriors were on the ropes and the ones frustrated and confused. Now they'll slaughter James and his merry band of mediocrity...yawn.

Reactions: Virtanen18

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Games 6 and 7 might've turned out differently with CP3, but the other side of the argument, maybe the Warriors don't choke away Game 4 if Iguodala was healthy.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
No lol. Losing Iguodala when you've got four all-stars? Sorry no. Curry or Durant maybe.

Did you even watch Game 4? Or better yet, Warriors games in general? Iguodala completely stabilizes the 2nd unit offensively and defensively, which choked away a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Without him, Livingston is their only reliable player off the bench.

Your response doesn't even make sense. I'm in no way saying he's more valuable than the other 4. But that doesn't mean he's not a significant difference maker...

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Did you even watch Game 4? Or better yet, Warriors games in general? Iguodala completely stabilizes the 2nd unit offensively and defensively, which choked away a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Without him, Livingston is their only reliable player off the bench.

Your response doesn't even make sense. I'm in no way saying he's more valuable than the other 4. But that doesn't mean he's not a significant difference maker...
Let's just say no one really is looking for reasons to sympathize with the Warriors, and for good reason. Its really hard to make excuses for a 73-9 team that added a top 2 player. I just straight up dont feel bad that Iguodala was out lol. He's their fifth most important player. It just can't be compared to CP3, the Rockets 1st/2nd best player (depending on how Harden is playing) being injured.

Reactions: Duke33

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Let's just say no one really is looking for reasons to sympathize with the Warriors, and for good reason. Its really hard to make excuses for a 73-9 team that added a top 2 player. I just straight up dont feel bad that Iguodala was out lol. He's their fifth most important player. It just can't be compared to CP3, the Rockets 1st/2nd best player (depending on how Harden is playing) being injured.

Who is asking for sympathy? And when did I say losing Iguodala was just as bad as losing CP3? You guys are playing the strawman strong here...

I'm just seeing posts saying "Warriors would've lost if CP3 was playing". Well I'm saying, it might not even have gone to Game 6 or 7 if Iguodala was playing. In Game 4, the bench choked away a 10 point lead coming out of the 4th and the Warriors lost by 3. The bench with Iguodala holds that lead 9 games out of 10.

Just because CP3 is more valuable player doesn't mean Iguodala is a scrub.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad