NBA 2018 NBA Playoffs Part II

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
After all that.... a whole year, a fun season, and we get THIS again?

What's the point of watching basketball when apparently only LeBron and the Warriors ever win in the spring?

I honestly would have rather seen the Pens threepeat if it meant CLE/GSW both didn't make it to June.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
2 7-game series in the conference finals and people are complaining that the playoffs are *boring*? If you don't like basketball just ****ing say it, geez.
People like it, they just liked it more when the 1-8 seeds for both conferences had enough talent to make a possible run or upset, as opposed to 2-3 good teams for the entire league, period. Mixed in with during that time teams played something that resembled actual defense mixed in with a little physicality.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
People like it, they just liked it more when the 1-8 seeds for both conferences had enough talent to make a possible run or upset, as opposed to 2-3 good teams for the entire league, period. Mixed in with during that time teams played something that resembled actual defense mixed in with a little physicality.
The last time this was the case was the 70s and that was literally the lowest point of the league.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Not quite, early 2000's at the very earliest. Talent was even more widespread in the 90's before that.
90s? Seriously? 6x Bulls 2x Rockets, so fun.

Lakers 3x in a row to start the 00s. Then 2 more in 09 and 10. Between that you have 3x Spurs. Wow so much variety.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
90s? Seriously? 6x Bulls 2x Rockets, so fun.

Lakers 3x in a row to start the 00s. Then 2 more in 09 and 10. Between that you have 3x Spurs. Wow so much variety.
The difference from today's teams being, those teams then didn't have as easy of a cakewalk to get to the finals as it's been in recent years.

And don't forget Pistons & the Spurs, very good teams in their own right.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
After all that.... a whole year, a fun season, and we get THIS again?

What's the point of watching basketball when apparently only LeBron and the Warriors ever win in the spring?

I honestly would have rather seen the Pens threepeat if it meant CLE/GSW both didn't make it to June.
Still never understand this point. People watch basketball cause they like the sport, and they like their teams. I'm not gonna abandon a sport I really like watching just because you can usually assume whose going to the finals. Doesn't even make sense.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Still never understand this point. People watch basketball cause they like the sport, and they like their teams. I'm not gonna abandon a sport I really like watching just because you can usually assume whose going to the finals. Doesn't even make sense.
I also don't think people would have gotten "tired" of the matchup if KD didn't join the Warriors.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Happy GS won

How does a coach let his team continue to take 3's when they are missing them at record #'s? Also why on earth was Ariza on the court with that horrid performance?

He should have been stapled to bench most of 2nd half

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
One thing that just doesn't make sense to me is: what did the Warriors franchise do to deserve the luck they've had? Because it's really unbelievable.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Are you surprised?

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Harden 2-13 from the 3 point line.
Gordon 2-12, Ariza 0-9.

That is bad, Harden was dropping them in game 6 in the first quarter and he gives us this big fat dud.

Also Houston missing 27 straight 3 point attempts.
That stat seems even more shocking this morning. That's a record of futility that could last a long, long time.

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
One thing that just doesn't make sense to me is: what did the Warriors franchise do to deserve the luck they've had? Because it's really unbelievable.

What luck? Most of their players were drafted and groomed by the Warriors themselves. Ill give you KD tho that was just unfair for other teams but I cant blame the guy for chasing rings

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Their whole cap situation is just a complete fluke. Kyrie and Love injured in 2015, CP3 this year.
Well, no, their cap situation right now isn't all that great. It was great prior, but that's because Steph Curry hadn't earned a big time pay day yet. Nor had Klay Thompson. In fact, none of the Warriors had earned it. I remember when Andre Iguodala signed with the Warriors that it was perceived he was going to be the 2nd option on that team, but Klay and Draymond developed so well.

And please, don't cite injuries to Kyrie and Love in 2015. If you want to do that, then cite Curry's injury and Draymond's suspension in 2016 as the reason Cleveland "got lucky".

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Well, no, their cap situation right now isn't all that great. It was great prior, but that's because Steph Curry hadn't earned a big time pay day yet. Nor had Klay Thompson. In fact, none of the Warriors had earned it. I remember when Andre Iguodala signed with the Warriors that it was perceived he was going to be the 2nd option on that team, but Klay and Draymond developed so well.

And please, don't cite injuries to Kyrie and Love in 2015. If you want to do that, then cite Curry's injury and Draymond's suspension in 2016 as the reason Cleveland "got lucky".
Draymond kicked a dude in the nuts, there's no luck involved there.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->