NBA 2018 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Man, I know DeMar DeRozan is hurt by what took place, but he's going to have to get over this eventually. There are worse things in the world than being traded to San Antonio to play for Greg Popovich in the prime of your career and getting to live in a state with no income tax and great weather.

Reactions: Voight and Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Man, I know DeMar DeRozan is hurt by what took place, but he's going to have to get over this eventually. There are worse things in the world than being traded to San Antonio to play for Greg Popovich in the prime of your career and getting to live in a state with no income tax and great weather.

He did the ESPN interview the other day where Chris Haynes kept throwing lobs to him so he could trash Masai and the situation. Now tonight he says he’s done with Masai and won’t be attending his annual charity camps.

He certainly has a right to be upset and wanting nothing to do with a former executive isn’t unusual but man, he’s taking it hard. It was his first time in front of the media since the trade though so maybe he’s gotten it all out and will move on publicly.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
There are all these quotes from Demar because he's got ESPN and TSN hounding him for a juicy soundbyte.

Once they get enough whiteboard material, it'll stop and we can move on.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He did the ESPN interview the other day where Chris Haynes kept throwing lobs to him so he could trash Masai and the situation. Now tonight he says he’s done with Masai and won’t be attending his annual charity camps.

He certainly has a right to be upset and wanting nothing to do with a former executive isn’t unusual but man, he’s taking it hard. It was his first time in front of the media since the trade though so maybe he’s gotten it all out and will move on publicly.

I think he needs to realize loyalty does not exist in the sports world. & to admit that if he was Masai he would have made that same exact trade -- i.e acquiring a top 5 player in his prime.

Reactions: Avs_19

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I'm not a fan of the trade either but time for Demar to move on, accept the trade and the fact he's a Spur now, I'd happily go there if given the chance.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it looks like they're going back to the showtime gold. but other pics make it look like its the same bright yellow they've worn since 99

hopefully its the gold. the showtime look would not look good with the bright yellow but either way, i like that they're going back to the old look

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Uniform looks good to me. Got to wonder if the Lakers are truly back. IE: Is picking up James enough for them to reclaim their old glory?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I think the gold and white jerseys look great but the purple ones are terrible because of the black down the side.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah that's just awful

way to ruin a beautiful jersey. but considering the way nike has handled being in charge of the jerseys i'm not surprised

i really hope they realize no one likes that BS and go back to the old showtime away jersey

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
That purple has to be one of the ugliest jerseys I've ever seen solely due to the black. Get rid of that garbage.
I mean, how do you screw up Purple and Gold? The Lakers have had many changes on their jerseys over the years, but it's always been the same general design. This almost looks like a third jersey.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I mean, how do you screw up Purple and Gold? The Lakers have had many changes on their jerseys over the years, but it's always been the same general design. This almost looks like a third jersey.

the only drastic change since they went to the purp and gold was in 99 when they went to the modern look with bright yellow and then this year when they went back to the old look

aside from that, the only change was pretty much just the color of the numbers

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
the only drastic change since they went to the purp and gold was in 99 when they went to the modern look with bright yellow and then this year when they went back to the old look

aside from that, the only change was pretty much just the color of the numbers
isn't it the same colour scheme from the 80's?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I honestly wonder if the Lakers are planning on wearing the whites more often at home and the gold more often on the road. That purple is disastrous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad