OT: 2018 MLB Thread

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I am a lifelong Mets fan and right now I am much more likely to see a game at Yankee Stadium than I am at Citi Field. Why would I give the Mets my money? The organization doesn't care, so neither do I.

Reactions: tr83

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I am a lifelong Mets fan and right now I am much more likely to see a game at Yankee Stadium than I am at Citi Field. Why would I give the Mets my money? The organization doesn't care, so neither do I.

Technically you could just buy on StubHub...but I get the apathy. This is the first time in a few years I’m likely not going to a game this year. Not so much cause of the cost but why would I bother to make a 2+ hour trip (both ways) via trains or fight NYC traffic to watch this clown show when I don’t even do it much on TV with the best broadcast team around?

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Technically you could just buy on StubHub...but I get the apathy. This is the first time in a few years I’m likely not going to a game this year. Not so much cause of the cost but why would I bother to make a 2+ hour trip (both ways) via trains or fight NYC traffic to watch this clown show when I don’t even do it much on TV with the best broadcast team around?
Yeah, I get that. It's largely for the reasons you mentioned, too. I'm just much more likely to see a Yankees game in a group outing.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
RIP the pitching career of Ohtani...likely needs TJS and could be out till 2020 :(

didnt tanaka have the same problem????

i could be wrong but i thought they both had a grade 2 (a partial tear). if thats the case maybe this treatment works for shohei as well.

it does suck tho hes been a great story this year.

even if he has TJ surgery some guys come back better. hes pretty young.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
didnt tanaka have the same problem????

i could be wrong but i thought they both had a grade 2 (a partial tear). if thats the case maybe this treatment works for shohei as well.

it does suck tho hes been a great story this year.

even if he has TJ surgery some guys come back better. hes pretty young.

I think they are trying it, but who knows...not everyone responds the same way. And Tanaka arguably hasn't been quite the same since, it's telling he was the Tanaka of old during the playoffs last year when he could let it hang but he's been very inconsistent otherwise.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I have no idea how any pitcher can keep playing into their mid 30s like the really good ones do. All that wear and tear.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm a Mets fan, but I'm pretty casual. I don't really watch baseball much anymore. When I was 11 or 12 I liked baseball more than hockey, but that was the last time things were like that for me.

I'll be going to Citifield when I'm up in August, I usually do every year. The team does suck though and they'll probably lose that game.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
The 2007 season broke me as a Mets fan...losing 12 of the last 17 games with a 7 game divisional lead in the last month of play.

Then for shits and giggles, get eliminated from playoff contention on the last day of the 2008 season.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The 2007 season broke me as a Mets fan...losing 12 of the last 17 games with a 7 game divisional lead in the last month of play.

Then for ****s and giggles, get eliminated from playoff contention on the last day of the 2008 season.
179605fd8940642f1903a9b77b84957d.png

Seriously though, that was back when I lived locally and would still watch many Mets games when I was home. That was really pathetic.

I'm still irate over that. There was the world series appearance 3 years ago though, but 90's era Mets and then 00's (particularly late 00's) era was a trainwreck.

Reactions: thethinglonger

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Then for ****s and giggles, get eliminated from playoff contention on the last day of the 2008 season.

Me too. I used to watch games whenever I was home. I just can't anymore.

When they were winning in 2015, I wasn't going to be pulled back in just to have my heart ripped out of my chest. Then they made the WS and I got sucked back in and guess what? :banghead:

Reactions: thethinglonger

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Me too. I used to watch games whenever I was home. I just can't anymore.

When they were winning in 2015, I wasn't going to be pulled back in just to have my heart ripped out of my chest. Then they made the WS and I got sucked back in and guess what? :banghead:

That's exactly what happened to me as well...I knew it was a trap getting excited to see them in the World Series, but I went in anyway. Combine that with an 11-1 record to start this season only to descend into yet another crap-tastic season like this.

Well, we'll always have this moment:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah that's not even gonna come close. The White Sox got the top overall prospect in baseball (Moncada), another top 50-75 prospect that's now a top 20 guy in Kopech and two other guys for Sale who had three years left before FA. deGrom has 2.5 years left before FA so he should get a similar package back otherwise the Mets are just wasting their best asset. Heck the Mets got a lot more back for R. A. Dickey who was older and had fewer years left on his deal than German and Drury.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Yeah that's not even gonna come close. The White Sox got the top overall prospect in baseball (Moncada), another top 50-75 prospect that's now a top 20 guy in Kopech and two other guys for Sale who had three years left before FA. deGrom has 2.5 years left before FA so he should get a similar package back otherwise the Mets are just wasting their best asset. Heck the Mets got a lot more back for R. A. Dickey who was older and had fewer years left on his deal than German and Drury.

I should of put in a Rick from pawn stars meme in there to really draw in the point I wasn't being serious.

I think that package lands Hamels tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad