OT: 2018 MLB Thread

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Mets should start sending all those pitchers over to the Bronx. We can send you some prospects back.

Seriously though. Who in this Mets lineup is supposed to strike fear in a pitcher’s heart? Send deGrom to the Bronx.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
deGrom is basically LeBron James at this point, looking at the rest of his teammates and saying 'seriously bros?' Only a great player can't dominate in baseball as much as basketball.

You're welcome in advance Yankee fans for the inevitable Stanton breakout. The over-under on his HR's this weekend is 3.5...he owns Citi the way the early 2000's Devils owned the Rangers.

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
deGrom is basically LeBron James at this point, looking at the rest of his teammates and saying 'seriously bros?' Only a great player can't dominate in baseball as much as basketball.

You're welcome in advance Yankee fans for the inevitable Stanton breakout. The over-under on his HR's this weekend is 3.5...he owns Citi the way the early 2000's Devils owned the Rangers.

i wanna quit drinking but as soon as nhl/nba ends..... its yankees vs mets.... then theres flag day, 4th of july and just summer in general.....

anyone know of a good rehab?????

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
giphy.gif

Reactions: tr83

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And not for nothing but Callaway's getting a John MacLean like vibe from me, just seems so out of his depth in every way from the lineup snafu to the pressers where he talks too much (referring to Ces's contract when talking about his injury, saying how it wasn't Cleveland anymore, admitting they weren't 'thinking about a collapse' when finally losing a game after 12-2, etc) and the now-historic ineptitude of the offense. Though I wasn't his biggest fan and don't think this team's all that great anyway at this point I'm actually half hoping they bring back TC to see if he has a Lemaire-like effect on them BEFORE we start selling off guys for A-ball relievers again :P

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
When will the Mets can the trainers and strength coaches? This is the second year in a row where half the team ends up on the DL because of a series of muscle strains and soreness.

Reactions: OmNomNom

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
When will the Mets can the trainers and strength coaches? This is the second year in a row where half the team ends up on the DL because of a series of muscle strains and soreness.

They already did can Ray Ramirez and company this offseason, that's the scary part :P

New trainer, new manager and coaching staff - same crap, actually even worse crap.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
3-15 in their last 18, 15-33 since the fluke first two weeks of the season - this is Johnny Mac territory now. If the Mets didn't have Rip Van Sandy in the front office now would be the time to pull the plug on Callaway but the Mets being the Mets don't care about managers, will procrastinate till it's too late to get anything other than A-ball relievers for anyone at the deadline because they still want to sell tickets and won't cover any of the salary. And they'll still try to sell the fanbase on all the what ifs magically bouncing our way next year.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
So with all of this hypothetical Degrom to the Yankees talk... how much would it take and is it the right move that the Yankees should make if it’s purging their farm team.

IMO if it’s a few high end 1-9 players then I do it as lots of those guys are blocked by other young talent currently playing.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
So with all of this hypothetical Degrom to the Yankees talk... how much would it take and is it the right move that the Yankees should make if it’s purging their farm team.

IMO if it’s a few high end 1-9 players then I do it as lots of those guys are blocked by other young talent currently playing.

It will never happen unless you want to give up a good bat and your entire system

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It will never happen unless you want to give up a good bat and your entire system

It'll never happen cause Cashman and Sandy aren't Shero and Gorton. They couldn't even work out Neil Walker and Jay Bruce rental trades last season without bad blood (there has been bad blood between the two GM's in the past as well) and Met ownership nixing at least one of the deals last summer because they don't want to deal with the Yankees either.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
RIP the pitching career of Ohtani...likely needs TJS and could be out till 2020 :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad