2018 Hart Trophy Winner - Taylor Hall

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Well Peter, hopefully you had a good reason to trade away the league MVP for a meh defensman.
Well, as an Oiler fan I do not like Hall at all, so it works for me. If the Oilers ever do win, I am very glad Hall will not be part of it. I never seen a player more immature and classless after being traded, whining about it for 2 years. What a clown.

Reactions: ManitobaKid

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Everyone gets it, Hall was traded for Larsson. It was two years ago, and it was a bad trade. None of that has anything to do with Hall's Hart-worthy season this year.

Congrats to Hall on the Hart. As an Avs fan, I was obviously pulling for MacKinnon. The voting shows it was really close and could have gone either way. Both were deserving.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Well Peter, hopefully you had a good reason to trade away the league MVP for a meh defensman.

He wasnt MVP when he was traded.

Congrats to Hall but perhaps some of you need a reality check.. Edmonton and NJ both won nothing this year. Hall won an individual award he trades in a heartbeat for a chance at a Cup.

Reactions: daveskirtun

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Everyone gets it, Hall was traded for Larsson. It was two years ago, and it was a bad trade. None of that has anything to do with Hall's Hart-worthy season this year.

Congrats to Hall on the Hart. As an Avs fan, I was obviously pulling for MacKinnon. The voting shows it was really close and could have gone either way. Both were deserving.

Wasn't that close dude .

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Well, as an Oiler fan I do not like Hall at all, so it works for me. If the Oilers ever do win, I am very glad Hall will not be part of it. I never seen a player more immature and classless after being traded, whining about it for 2 years. What a clown.
He was removed of his Jari Kurri role both promptly and unexpectedly. You'd react the same way if you were suppose to be the Kurri of the team and then prematurely traded.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
He wasnt MVP when he was traded.

No shit. Who wins a trade is always evaluated in hindsight.. Although still most everybody knew Edmonton lost this trade as soon as it happened.

Congrats to Hall but perhaps some of you need a reality check.. Edmonton and NJ both won nothing this year. Hall won an individual award he trades in a heartbeat for a chance at a Cup.

I mean Hall's play helped get his team into the playoffs which did indeed give them a "chance" at the cup. So f*** your reality check.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
This is some.twisted logic.

Hall didnt win cup = Hall for Larsson was a good trade?

Nahhh

WTF... U just miss the point so badly id be surprised if you ever have kids cuz aint no way your sperm is swimming much and aint no way you will ever be able to hit that spot.. U likely gonna hit the outside wall since.. Point is.. Hall was not MVP when the Oilers traded him.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
What a surprise Hall won a major award.

Oh well called it.

Oh yeah the Hall for Larsson trade was a joke and will be for a very long time

Reactions: Bleedred

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
hekuogY.gif

He looks so happy for Hall.

tenor.gif

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He has some of the worst hockey sense of top six forwards in the league, but an extremely high level of athleticism.

He’s been doing the same stuff for nearly ten years now. Screaming down the wing and looking for a cut post blue line to the net. If he doesn’t have that he either makes a terrible drop/float pass or throws it on net.

I won’t deny his natural athleticism or ability to post points, but Taylor hall does not elevate the players around him.

Regardless, speed kills and in today's league he is an incredibly valuable asset to any team. Well, except EDM apparently. *shakes fist at Chiarelli*

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I still probably would've gone with MacKinnon honestly. If you look at 5v5 scoring, he really stands out above the rest of his team.

Mac: 55 p* / 3.00 p60* / 45 primary points*
2nd place: 40 p / 2.09 p60 / 26 primary points

Hall: 45 p* / 2.38 p60 / 35 primary points
2nd place: 42 p / 2.40 p60* / 36 primary points*

so yeah. MacKinnon blows his team out of the water offensively at 5v5. His competition isn't even close. Hall is much closer to Hischier in terms of offense, and even gets beaten by him in some areas. Plus I think centers are more valuable than wingers.

Still though, Hall is a worthy choice. Not the one I would've gone with, but you can't take his season lightly

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
WTF... U just miss the point so badly id be surprised if you ever have kids cuz aint no way your sperm is swimming much and aint no way you will ever be able to hit that spot.. U likely gonna hit the outside wall since.. Point is.. Hall was not MVP when the Oilers traded him.

Its true and i agreed w. You. Oilers didnt trade ab mvp..they traded a future mvp

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He was removed of his Jari Kurri role both promptly and unexpectedly. You'd react the same way if you were suppose to be the Kurri of the team and then prematurely traded.
No, I definitely would not react that way. It says a lot about his character and personality. Glad he is no longer an Oiler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad