2018 Hart Trophy Winner - Taylor Hall

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Why do people keep being up larsson? The trade is irrelevant to hall being one of if not the weakest hart trophy winner of all time.
This reminds me of the scene in My Cousin Vinny where Fred Gwynne asks Joe Pesci ''Are you on drugs?''.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Well, as an Oiler fan I do not like Hall at all, so it works for me. If the Oilers ever do win, I am very glad Hall will not be part of it. I never seen a player more immature and classless after being traded, whining about it for 2 years. What a clown.

No, I definitely would not react that way. It says a lot about his character and personality. Glad he is no longer an Oiler.
Really?

Because you're going out of your way to whine about his "character" in a thread about him winning the Hart 2+ years after the trade. :laugh:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I'd have gone with MacK, but congrats to Hall and the Devils.

And really Oilers fans, just accept that it was a shit trade. There's no need to defend it.

Reactions: mtnet

Its a Trap

Yes I’m still here to piss you off
Well, as an Oiler fan I do not like Hall at all, so it works for me. If the Oilers ever do win, I am very glad Hall will not be part of it. I never seen a player more immature and classless after being traded, whining about it for 2 years. What a clown.
What fantasy world do you live in where he whined about it for 2 years?

Reactions: Darkauron

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
No knock on Hall, but really? The MVP? I don't think he was the best player this year. Or is it most valuable to your team?

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
Really?

Because you're going out of your way to whine about his "character" in a thread about him winning the Hart 2+ years after the trade. :laugh:
I am stating facts. He made ridiculous statements since being traded. Hoping the team would lose in the playoffs (Even though he had friends on the team) Saying he never wanted to listen to the coaches on the team. How can someone say something so stupid and then complain about being traded? If that was the case, he deserved to be traded. I have never seen any player sound like a bigger clown after being traded. To go on about it for 2 years is pathetic as well. He is not missed.

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
Very surprised to have seen Kopitar get such little voting support. What he did on both ends of the ice not only for his team, but the league, was nothing short of phenomenal. I had it between him and Hall and was leaning more towards Kopitar.

Congrats to Hall though, still well deserved. But I definitely felt Kopitar deserved more recognition over Mack in the voting and AS voting.

Reactions: BigKing

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
The Oilers had their modern day Mark Messier (heart and soul superstar) and they traded him for the modern day Kevin Lowe (good but not great D man). Sucks bro.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
This trophy is a joke. The voters pick and choose when it's a best player award and when it's an MVP to their team award. McDavid got screwed.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
This trophy is a joke. The voters pick and choose when it's a best player award and when it's an MVP to their team award. McDavid got screwed.
It's the best player on a bubble team award.
Unless the Art Ross winner makes the playoffs.

Crankyfrank

Sep 11, 2016
A player like Hall should get much better than a "top 3 defence man". If Leafs traded Nylander for Larsson I would puke.
As a season ticket holder.seeing all edmonton home games.....Taylor seemed frustrated. Then we got Mcdavid. As good as Taylor was...Edmonton did not progress. (lots of factors..coaches..etc.). The change did him well ..motivation and I am happy for him. It is easy to say ...we lost a trade but how many years did Taylor have to be the guy? Never happened in Edmonton. Perhaps we should have been patient...not sure but I do like Larsson . Perhaps we see Lucic resuface as a dominate player next year?
Cheers

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I what the EDM fans said about him at the time of the trade was true then he’s not the same player anymore. He may never have become this kind of player staying in EDM. EDM fans bashing him based on their version of Hall are misguided. Give him credit for turning his attitude and game around. EDM needed a culture change and Hall at that time was not the guy to mentor young impressionable players. Probably not during his first year in NJ which was a train wreck. A lot of credit has to go to Shero and his sit down with Hall last summer. Their discussion prompted Hall to reinvent himself for the better. EDM has a bright future and a lot to be excited about.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Wonder how Ovi feels about holding his 4th Hart Trophy onstage at the NHL awards but not winning it

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
As a Devils season ticket holder, Hall was a blast to watch this year and he stepped it up this season so much. He carried this team on his back in a way I've never seen as a fan of this team. The fan base completely rallied around him and fell in love. We haven't been in the playoffs since 2012 and he and Nico really brought new life into this franchise and fan base. It was a fantastic atmosphere this year and the MVP chants were the loudest the building has been in years....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->