Andersen(5)
Pickard (1)

Kessel(1.2)

85.258 Million

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I’m not very good at trade value so I’ll ask you guys, how far off am I
Kapanen, Dermott and a 2019 2nd for Trouba
Would that be enough from the leafs or does it have to be Nylander/Marner to get him. Not sure I’d trade one of Nylander or Marner for him personally though.

While that trade would satisfy a depth chart kind of thing, it would really put a dent into the Leafs actual functional depth.

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
Marleau - AM - Nylander
Hyman/Johnsson - Jt - Marner
Johnsson/lievo/Hyman - Kadri - Kap/Brown
Lievo//grunstrom - Lindholm - kap/Brown
extras - Moore Engvall Jooris Bracco and Ennis I just see him being on the team . But Im pretty sure Grund, bracco and engvall will be left to season for another year unlesssome amazing progression or trades happen

Rielly - Hainsey/zats

Gardiner - Hainsey/ Zats

Dermott - Igor/holl/carrick

barring some sort of unreal trade or break out this is what I expect we will look like come October. who knows we have another 2 months before camps open so a lot can still happen.

we may have a couple ptos to start the season if we keep our contract limit down cap friendly has it at 47 but I think that's counting hortons .

maybe we pto Hamuis Nash and see if they will be a improvement on what we have and use the extra for lou special 3-4 guys out 1 guy in trade.. but for the most part I think what I listed will be pretty much how we start the season

Pretty sure mack and either sparks or pickard will be traded with other assets for controlled assets futures and signed and unsigned prospects

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Not that I expect it to ever be reality but would love something around Nylander+Gardiner(conditions if he walks or something) for Lindholm and Ritchie. Helps both teams.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Also next off-season (I know....)

Some potentially interesting defenseman available;

Stralman
Schmidt (want! And Dubas does too)
Myers
Karlsson (long shot)
Ellis (feel like we could ditch Zaitsev in this case)
McQuaid (good 3rd pairing guy if he took a pay cut on a 1-2 year term for some grit)
Chiarot (3rd pair-7th D)
Bortuzzo (see McQuaid)

Even by getting 2 of these guys, we could really stablize the defense.

Rielly-Stralman
Schmidt-Zaitsev
Dermott-Liljegren

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Kurisu

mad scientist
Aug 13, 2012
In A Lonely Corner
I know looking to upgrade defence is important but we need to figure out who is the long term goalie for us. I'm not exactly sold on our goalie prospects. Do we keep Anderson after 3 years? I'm not sure if I want him back at a higher cap hit on a long term contract.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Someone suggested a Grabner type deal earlier.
I.e. bunch of maybes who still have a year before they become 'non nhl' types for a solid guy.
My hope is we do something like this for a 28-30ish 2nd pair RHD.
Don't need to be legit top pair, just someone we can put with Reilly who plays a calm game I.e. Stralman from a few years ago.
Maybe some combination of Bracco, Timashov, Neilssen, Carrick, Gauthier.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Someone suggested a Grabner type deal earlier.
I.e. bunch of maybes who still have a year before they become 'non nhl' types for a solid guy.
My hope is we do something like this for a 28-30ish 2nd pair RHD.
Don't need to be legit top pair, just someone we can put with Reilly who plays a calm game I.e. Stralman from a few years ago.
Maybe some combination of Bracco, Timashov, Neilssen, Carrick, Gauthier.
So many things to comment on here.

First, Grabner was available because he was essentially seen as a nothing asset at that point. Not as a solid guy.
A second pairing RHD will never be available for a bunch of maybes one year away from being non-assets. He'll be expensive.
Strålman from a few years ago was absolutely, without question a legit top pairing guy.
And Bracco and Timashov are not guys that are one year away from being non-assets either.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Marleau - AM - Nylander
Hyman/Johnsson - Jt - Marner
Johnsson/lievo/Hyman - Kadri - Kap/Brown
Lievo//grunstrom - Lindholm - kap/Brown
extras - Moore Engvall Jooris Bracco and Ennis I just see him being on the team . But Im pretty sure Grund, bracco and engvall will be left to season for another year unlesssome amazing progression or trades happen

Rielly - Hainsey/zats

Gardiner - Hainsey/ Zats

Dermott - Igor/holl/carrick

barring some sort of unreal trade or break out this is what I expect we will look like come October. who knows we have another 2 months before camps open so a lot can still happen.

we may have a couple ptos to start the season if we keep our contract limit down cap friendly has it at 47 but I think that's counting hortons .

maybe we pto Hamuis Nash and see if they will be a improvement on what we have and use the extra for lou special 3-4 guys out 1 guy in trade.. but for the most part I think what I listed will be pretty much how we start the season

Pretty sure mack and either sparks or pickard will be traded with other assets for controlled assets futures and signed and unsigned prospects

Mack? Who is that?

Last edited:

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
So many things to comment on here.

First, Grabner was available because he was essentially seen as a nothing asset at that point. Not as a solid guy.
A second pairing RHD will never be available for a bunch of maybes one year away from being non-assets. He'll be expensive.
Strålman from a few years ago was absolutely, without question a legit top pairing guy.
And Bracco and Timashov are not guys that are one year away from being non-assets either.

Completely agree. I meant more that before we did quantity for quality, but because I want a better return we are in a decent position because or 'quality' pieces are much higher quality than last time.

I look at a team like Florida with Pysyk who is still young enough at 26 who isn't flashy.
Or Demers in Arizona who has above average advanced numbers for a 2nd pairing guy who is cheap and mid aged.

I don't think they would cost a ton, but to teams thay both have some internal people knocking on the door for bigger opportunity.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Completely agree. I meant more that before we did quantity for quality, but because I want a better return we are in a decent position because or 'quality' pieces are much higher quality than last time.

I look at a team like Florida with Pysyk who is still young enough at 26 who isn't flashy.
Or Demers in Arizona who has above average advanced numbers for a 2nd pairing guy who is cheap and mid aged.

I don't think they would cost a ton, but to teams thay both have some internal people knocking on the door for bigger opportunity.
Right, then I'm with you. And yeah, I like those two guys as targets too.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Friedman here says he's speculating (key word here) that teams like San Jose and Toronto who are all in next year might go for Panarin

They could extend him, but would 100% be saying goodbye to gardiner, and have to dump Marleau with no money coming back at the very least.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Friedman here says he's speculating (key word here) that teams like San Jose and Toronto who are all in next year might go for Panarin

They could extend him, but would 100% be saying goodbye to gardiner, and have to dump Marleau with no money coming back at the very least.

Panarin? no thanks, the cost to acquire him will be ludicrous. Probably starts with Nylander, he is trending into Panarin territory himself and is 4 years younger in 4 years time could well be better than panarin is now, AND will be a lot cheaper too on his 1st serious contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad