2018 Around The League

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Flames legend, Iginla officially retires.

I have massive respect for him, and hopefully he gets his jersey retired/hall of fame inducted.

One of the few likeable flames, and a guy we generally had to focus down on shutting down since he was all around scary in an impressive way.

Now we need Jagr to make it official so I can enjoy a Hall of Fame ceremony in 3 years of Jagr, Iginla, Sedin Sedin, X (the 5th person they sneak in there as they squeeze the twins in on one ballot).

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Jay Beagle.

loui eriksson, no wait

upload_2018-7-28_14-17-0.jpeg

Reactions: timw33

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Jay Beagle.

There are at least 5 contracts on this Canuck team that are worse than that Wilson contract.

I would have expected 4x4 or 5x4 for him so it is an overpayment caused by his huge playoffs, but it's still a contract that expires before he's 30 and his body breaks down too badly.

The guy is a unique player right now. There is no other forward that big and nasty in the league that can play top-6 (or even top-9) minutes.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
There are at least 5 contracts on this Canuck team that are worse than that Wilson contract.

I would have expected 4x4 or 5x4 for him so it is an overpayment caused by his huge playoffs, but it's still a contract that expires before he's 30 and his body breaks down too badly.

The guy is a unique player right now. There is no other forward that big and nasty in the league that can play top-6 (or even top-9) minutes.

I would put Wayne Simmonds in a similar category. Though he isn't a heat-seeking missile in the same way

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
That seems like a pretty underwhelming return for Skinner. Guess that's what you get for employing Don Waddell.

Last edited:
Reactions: timw33

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
That's a great move by Buffalo if they can get him extended. They are definitely making more moves to get out of the pit of despair compared to Vancouver seemingly making moves to anchor us down even more.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
not a bad guy for eichel to play with and if they can't sign him, buffalo can trade him at the deadline.

canes seem to be intent on changing their mix.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Too bad for Skinner he was always one of my favourites and sad to see him go to a garbage dumpster like Buffalo. O well maybe thell turn it a round

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
The question is, would you make that trade for the canucks, with juolevi in place of pu?

Easy answer no. 1 year on his deal, we won't be good for longer than he would be good, and we really need all of our d prospects to turn out.

Really it is just the wrong trade for us in so many ways. If I knew we could flip him I might think about it.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Wow, what a crap return for Skinner. Just goes to show how much a NMC affects return in trade if a player doesn’t want to play ball.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Wow, what a crap return for Skinner. Just goes to show how much a NMC affects return in trade if a player doesn’t want to play ball.

It's a pretty good return for a guy with one year left on his deal.

You don't trade players you trade contracts.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
sens signing stone to a one year deal feels like a death sentence to that franchise. i think they lose everyone next year and struggle to sign anyone.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Easy answer no. 1 year on his deal, we won't be good for longer than he would be good, and we really need all of our d prospects to turn out.

Really it is just the wrong trade for us in so many ways. If I knew we could flip him I might think about it.

Even then I’d rather keep Juolevi than get whatever Skinner would bring at the TDL.

Unless Skinner was a center, and we were able to send Gagner the other way.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
The question is, would you make that trade for the canucks, with juolevi in place of pu?
Why would a tank (unintentional or not) want a UFA rental? If the Canucks were ready, I'd think about, maybe do it. Woo is probably fairer than Pu though. I easily do it with Woo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad