2018 Around The League

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
having tried the athletic for a few days a couple of months ago on a free trial, i can't imagine anyone paying for it. there is nothing there that you can't get for free on tsn or sportsnet's websites and it's basically a content farm; if you've read the headline you're not learning anything more from reading the article. i think all of those people will be out of jobs again fairly soon.
Look, I'm not going to go on about how great the Athletic is or whether it's worth the money, but as a subscriber, I can guarantee that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
3 years eh

Hopefully that’ll get the ball rolling on some trades

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Probably put this here as well (I assume the draft thread has it...who knows as HFboards apparently can’t stay running on the second day of the draft now either)

Flames trade Hamilton, Ferland, Fox to the Canes for Hanifin, Lindholm.

Fox reportedly will not sign with the Flames. Hamilton may have had issues fitting in.

In all I think it’s actually fairly even but the Flames needed a shake up and the GM delivered one. It may also allow them to make a significant UFA signing. A James Neal or something, We will see what happens in the end with this deal. I don’t think there is actually an obvious winner.

Meanwhile in Canuck land we worry about getting Granlund signed early.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Wow the Flames just schooled by Don Waddell. That's gotta be a new franchise low for them.

I don’t necessarily think so. Hanifin as early as this upcoming season could replace the Hamilton offense. Defense is a saw off. Lindholm is a more versatile and I think better player than Ferland. I’d be shocked if Ferland puts up the numbers he did this year ever again. Fox wasn’t signing with the flames and can go the UFA route in a year and sign with anyone I believe. He is only going to sign right now with his team of choice. No idea if that is Carolina. His asset value was low because of it and non-existent to the flames.

But it is a shake up. Instead of just icing the same players they have mixed up the top 9 and blueline. A good UFA period and they could reinvent the team by a fair degree.

Reactions: Ryp37

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Calgary had one of the worst shooting percentages last season. Not sure how much Lindholm will help in that department.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Wow the Flames just schooled by Don Waddell. That's gotta be a new franchise low for them.

if edler was still good and we just traded him and virtanen’s ceiling, and say subban if he was still here, for hanifin and e lindholm i would be thrilled.

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
At first blush, seems like a bad trade for Calgary. Hamilton is the best player in the deal and signed to a great contract, and Fox seems like a great prospect. Lindholm is 23 and probably isn't going to improve a ton from here, so they must think Hanifin has a good chance to become what he was projected to be when drafted. Not a bet I would make.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Thought the flames won that trade easily, lindholm will increase his output on a better line

No idea what Waddells plan is but we’ll see after the impending Skinner trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad