2018 Around The League

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I hate shoulder patches. The Adidas collars continue to look ridiculous as well.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I've loved almost every incarnation of ducks jerseys, even the weird college style mighty ducks word logo. But this is just awful. Black instead of eggplant purple is a bad, collar is terrible, and the shoulders are pure garage(styles, color and patches). Everything just clashes so badly

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
nice signing for the preds. probably the biggest mistake the canucks have made is moving on from hamhuis. i don't care about points but i think he was a great veteran to model your game on. i believe his departure is what changed hutton.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
wow, that is just an embarrassment of riches on the left side. josi, ekholm, hamhuis.

part of me wants to see hamhuis pair with subban but man they already have ekholm, who is like a gigantic and in his prime version of hamhuis.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yep. And we could have kept 33rd overall and McCann and just gotten twice the number of GP from a far more effective defender than Gudbranson will ever be. It's a summer where the errors just kept compounding.

I don't have anything articles saved or anything but at the time it seemed like Hamhuis was open to getting traded at the deadline then coming to the Canucks as a UFA. So looking back the range of possibilities available look something like:

peak performance - Hamhus (trade and resign) + McCann + Marco Dano + 2016 #22 + 2016 #33 vs
neutral - Hamhuis (resigned) + McCann + 2016 #33 vs
Benning - Erik Gudbranson

Hahmuis today at age 35 would still probably be our 3rd best dman.

Reactions: timw33

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Flames legend, Iginla officially retires.

I have massive respect for him, and hopefully he gets his jersey retired/hall of fame inducted.

One of the few likeable flames, and a guy we generally had to focus down on shutting down since he was all around scary in an impressive way.

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hamhuis is junk, screwed our team around. To hell with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad