2018 Around The League

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
stefan noesen is another 25-30 point winger with a short track record signing for $1.725 million thanks to arbitration rights.

or maybe it's because he and coleman are both from plano, texas of all places.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Pulock just signed a 2 year 2MM AAV deal. Same birth year as Stetcher (94') but has size, draft pedigree, junior dominance, and a very good 10 goal 32 point NHL rookie season under his belt. So based on the comps Stetcher should not even be approaching $2MM a season.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Pulock just signed a 2 year 2MM AAV deal. Same birth year as Stetcher (94') but has size, draft pedigree, junior dominance, and a very good 10 goal 32 point NHL rookie season under his belt. So based on the comps Stetcher should not even be approaching $2MM a season.

and hutton should be giving a refund.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I'd take Lehner at his new deal over either of our goalies. Especially Nilsson, what an absolutely terrible signing that was.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
and hutton should be giving a refund.

I 100% agree and did not like the extension at the time. The comparables in his range were all in the 1.5-2MM range at most, and they signed him one month into his second season where he ended up regressing.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I'd take Lehner at his new deal over either of our goalies. Especially Nilsson, what an absolutely terrible signing that was.

Markstrom and Nilsson are just placeholders until Demko arrives. Having Lehner for next season or two would do nothing for us that I can see.
I don't think much of Nilsson either, but I would be curious to see what Markstrom could do behind a defence that wasn't a total dumpster fire.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
If for some reason Granlund is going to head to arbitration and get completely overpaid and you think that is a possibility the answer isn't to sign him to an unnecessary raise. The answer is not to qualify him in the first place.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If for some reason Granlund is going to head to arbitration and get completely overpaid and you think that is a possibility the answer isn't to sign him to an unnecessary raise. The answer is not to qualify him in the first place.

Absolutely.

Arbitration rights are not a threat from a player as marginal as Markus Granlund.

The guy has no case if it gets there - 5 non-EN ES points in 53 games! - but you make it pretty clear it isn't going to get there.

Take what we give you or have fun testing the open market and see if being a slow, soft 12-point player even gets you a 1-way deal or whether you're playing in Europe next year. Granlund needs us a hell of a lot more than we need Granlund. The guy is as marginal as it gets and without the great situation he's had here on this crap team it's debateable if he's even in the NHL.

If a guy like this gets greedy, good luck and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Easily replaced by a $650k player.

Good management doesn't get attached to marginal fringe players and overpay to keep them around. You leverage the shit out of them and if they don't like it, bye. There are countless guys that can play the same role available for free.

member 290103

Dim is too clueless to ever make a deal like that. Had he targeted Lehner, he'd have signed him to a 4 year deal at $4M per. Never assume Dim is competent enough to make a deal that another GM makes.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Interview with Maroon on the Spitting chicklets podcast, he says no one else offered him a deal. It wasn’t about going to where his son is, but that was a good perk.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Interview with Maroon on the Spitting chicklets podcast, he says no one else offered him a deal. It wasn’t about going to where his son is, but that was a good perk.

INteresting. All the rumours seem to suggest otherwise.

A bit strange, I realize Maroon isn't a game changer but he's a guy that can be competent in the top 9 and you can put him down low on the PP. He's not fast which makes me think you have a bunch of GMs panicking about player speed due to the success of Vegas. Individual speed can be important but team speed and playing at speed goes sooo far beyond that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronning On Empty

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
INteresting. All the rumours seem to suggest otherwise.

A bit strange, I realize Maroon isn't a game changer but he's a guy you can be competent in the top 9 and you can put him down low on the PP. He's not fast which makes me think you have a bunch of GMs panicking about player speed due to the success of Vegas. Individual speed can be important but team speed and playing at speed goes sooo far beyond that.

Yeah he talked about his speed, and how he isn't that fast.

He mentioned it is why he fired his old agent, because he hadn't heard anything. So he signed with a new agency.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Is that teal and black? They should've gone with purple, keeps it from being Sharks clones

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

On a 1 year deal, absolutely crazy that Benning passed in order to pick up Beagle and Roussel. Like it doesn't compute, at all.

This is a prime candidate to sign and flip at the deadline. Weren't they after a player of his ilk as well?

Last edited:

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
I think the anaheim jersey is a bad mix and turned out not looking right.

If they stuck to the original colours and nixed the shoulder patches, i would have loved it and it may have been my first and only adidas jersey. But this is an easy pass now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad