2018 Around the League III: The OTT players said WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
For all of the buildup about the Battle Of Alberta..I thought it was kind of a dull game..Hitch has transformed the High Flyin Oilers alright.

Edit..just watched the interviews with both coaches,and they thought it was a great game..go figure?

Last edited:
Reactions: daddyohsix

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
For all of the buildup about the Battle Of Alberta..I thought it was kind of a dull game..Hitch has transformed the High Flyin Oilers alright.

Edit..just watched the interviews with both coaches,and they thought it was a great game..go figure?

Coaches love boring games.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Karl Alzner and his putrid contract. Alzner was waived earlier but still, just a horrible signing

Throwing away Lars Eller, replacing him with Andrew Shaw, and giving Shaw *that* extension. Bergevin does lots of dumb stuff. However he is *constantly* on the lookout for buy-low projects, which is more than I can say for 90% of NHL GMs.

Last edited:

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
The Oilers making the playoffs would be great. Chiarelli buys another year and we get to see Connor McDavid play in the playoffs.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

saw this out of left field on my feed and based on this one interview i'm going to predict that one day he ends up coaching or managing a team.

Now there is an interview we need more of. This pucks in deep BS is old and I’m tired of interviews. Who even cares unless they have something to say like this

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell

saw this out of left field on my feed and based on this one interview i'm going to predict that one day he ends up coaching or managing a team.

Wow, refreshing to hear a NHL player do an interview that isn't exclusively made up of boring hockey player talk and clichés, very well spoken.

Reactions: timw33

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
This doesn't work on my phone. Can someone tell me what it is, who it is, how to find it so I can bring it up on my desktop.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I remember at the press conference after firing Willie D, Linden came out and said something like "Coaches coach, and managers manage, and presidents...uh president I guess?" and I'm just like...dude how do you not know 'preside'? It's an understandable slip but don't call Linden articulate.

Or when he accidentally compared Granlund to Bergeron in the most nonsensical way

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
John and John are biased commentators, but Jack Edwards....hoooooly moley.

I just watched the full clip of Hyman's hit on McAvoy from the Bruins broadcast and it's pretty wild. Worst commentator in the league.

McAvoy gets hit half a second late. "HYMAN IS A HEADHUNTER. THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE PAY FOR. TO SEE HYMAN TAKE A RUN AT A GREAT YOUNG TALENT." I mean, in all fairness I was upset when Petey got hit so I can relate. It's hard seeing a great young talent take a hard hit and potentially be injured, especially with a concussion. But there's more. The double standard is coming.

Hyman takes down Gryzlck in a quick fight. Jack Edwards says absolutely nothing.

Wagner tries throwing a flying elbow at Reilly. "THAT'S A GOOD HIT. SHOULDER TO SHOULDER. THERE YOU GO. YEAH."

Wagner fights Hainsey and wrestles him down. "OH YEAH, THERE YOU GO. WAGNER DROPS HAINSEY."

It's just insane.

To be completely honest, I don't even hate the Bruins outside of Marchand anymore. I like McAvoy, and I was sorry to see him take a hit like that after coming back from a concussion. The reason I don't hate their team as much anymore is most the guys I hated are gone. I like Pasta, very exciting player to watch. That said, I strongly dislike Jack Edwards, the man's an absolute joke and the definition of rose-coloured glasses. Listening to twelve drunk dudes argue over a cheeseburger would be more palatable than Jack Edwards.

Reactions: Peter10 and geebaan

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
John and John are biased commentators, but Jack Edwards....hoooooly moley.

I just watched the full clip of Hyman's hit on McAvoy from the Bruins broadcast and it's pretty wild. Worst commentator in the league.

McAvoy gets hit half a second late. "HYMAN IS A HEADHUNTER. THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE PAY FOR. TO SEE HYMAN TAKE A RUN AT A GREAT YOUNG TALENT." I mean, in all fairness I was upset when Petey got hit so I can relate. It's hard seeing a great young talent take a hard hit and potentially be injured, especially with a concussion. But there's more. The double standard is coming.

Hyman takes down Gryzlck in a quick fight. Jack Edwards says absolutely nothing.

Wagner tries throwing a flying elbow at Reilly. "THAT'S A GOOD HIT. SHOULDER TO SHOULDER. THERE YOU GO. YEAH."

Wagner fights Hainsey and wrestles him down. "OH YEAH, THERE YOU GO. WAGNER DROPS HAINSEY."

It's just insane.

To be completely honest, I don't even hate the Bruins outside of Marchand anymore. I like McAvoy, and I was sorry to see him take a hit like that after coming back from a concussion. The reason I don't hate their team as much anymore is most the guys I hated are gone. I like Pasta, very exciting player to watch. That said, I strongly dislike Jack Edwards, the man's an absolute joke and the definition of rose-coloured glasses. Listening to twelve drunk dudes argue over a cheeseburger would be more palatable than Jack Edwards.

I agree with your take, including my hate for the bruins with the exception of Marchand it’s all gone.

I have always hated Edwards though. Just brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad