2018 Around the League III: The OTT players said WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
4 wins in 20 games. Feels like just yesterday that they were the scary boogeyman in the west.

the lame thing is that they still have a very strong core group of players that can turn it up easily next season.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Anderson and Kylington both looking like NHL defensemen for them. Two second round picks, one from the Baertschi trade. Must be nice having an abudence of second rounders.

Which one was from the Baertschi trade?

Nevermind I see it's Andersson

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Houston still feels like a weird idea for a relocation to me... but I guess if Florida can have two teams? Hopefully fanbases in Texas are bigger too. ;)

Houston actually has a very large hockey community thanks to minor league teams. For the South a surprising number of facilities and players.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Houston actually has a very large hockey community thanks to minor league teams. For the South a surprising number of facilities and players.

Mckenzie was talking about how Austin could be a dark horse location in the future. Says they need an arena first but growing market there.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I hope Luongo do us a favor and just retire next season, even better, go on LTIR or something

The later he retires the cap penalty gets worse for us
If he retires in the last 2 years of the deal, the penalty can go up to 8m in cap hit for us if Im not mistaken

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
I hope Luongo do us a favor and just retire next season, even better, go on LTIR or something

The later he retires the cap penalty gets worse for us
If he retires in the last 2 years of the deal, the penalty can go up to 8m in cap hit for us if Im not mistaken

This is 100% what will happen if he wants to stop playing before his contract is up. When was the last time a player legitimately retired during their contract? Luongo also has the built-in excuse to be LTIRd anyway because he seems to be getting hurt every other game.

He'll either finish his contract or go on LTIR until it comes off the books and nothing will happen. No worries about any potential cap penalty.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This is 100% what will happen if he wants to stop playing before his contract is up. When was the last time a player legitimately retired during their contract? Luongo also has the built-in excuse to be LTIRd anyway because he seems to be getting hurt every other game.

He'll either finish his contract or go on LTIR until it comes off the books and nothing will happen. No worries about any potential cap penalty.
Is it in his benefit to LTIR or retire? If he retires does he lose the rest of his salary? If so then yeah I guess he would choose the LTIR option

I know he left on bad terms but would he screw over our franchise now that Gillis is gone or think he still hates the owners? He probably knows the fans here love him and wouldnt wanna screw us over

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Is it in his benefit to LTIR or retire? If he retires does he lose the rest of his salary? If so then yeah I guess he would choose the LTIR option

I'm not sure but he has one of those weird pre-lockout back-loaded contracts so he only gets paid 1 million in actual dollars in his final two years. He might just conveniently decide to stop playing once his salary goes down, similar to Zetterberg stopping this year when his salary went from 7 mil to 3 mil.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Marc Bergevin seems to switch between making savvy trades and really poor ones with no middle ground. Such a weird GM.

Outside of the stunningly bad PK Subban trade and the Price contract (and I think most GMs would have done that contract in that situation) he’s been pretty good.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Outside of the stunningly bad PK Subban trade and the Price contract (and I think most GMs would have done that contract in that situation) he’s been pretty good.
Karl Alzner and his putrid contract. Alzner was waived earlier but still, just a horrible signing

Results

Sep 3, 2006
Vancouver
Wow, Keith's been so bad this year that Seabrook is the #1 PP guy. And Kane/Seabrook are eerily similar to Pettersson/Edler, just too immobile to do much more than play catch before taking long slapshots and praying for a good bounce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad