2018 Around the League III: The OTT players said WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I wonder what the overall trade situation is now between us and florida in the last ~6 years
OK, I'm REALLY reaching here but perhaps Brian "Dave Gagner is the key to this deal; if Florida doesn't give him up, this Bure trade doesn't go ahead" Burke had it right all the time. Unless I'm mistaken, it was on Dave Gagner's recommendation that we offer Chris Tanev (a then undrafted prospect). We won the trade - it just took a few decades later!:laugh:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Damn, I didn't know Buffalo was that bad of a city.

Seems like he was kind of blindsided by the trade and hasn’t been able to settle in fully. He had a limited NTC but didn’t get his list in or whatever, as per Friedman. Definitely looks like he wasn’t open to go to Buffalo, and then being successful means jack shit.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Looks like Luongo still choking away last minute leads in the third period.

Looks like another Luongo hater that doesn’t watch a game, but just blames him as always.

Not a chance any of that is his fault. He kept Florida in that game way longer than they should have been. Florida was literally under siege for around the second half of that third period. I’m not even exaggerating either, Toronto was ALL over them.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Dahlin with 3pts tonight.

Bold prediction: Dahlin ends up winning the Calder due to East Coast bias.

And being a Defensemen. The media has been all over Pettersson though. Constantly raving about him. Dahlin is going to have to do a lot to best Petey out. If Dahlin was playing in Canada it would be a lot closer. Luckily he’s in Buffalo and that’s basically like playing in Africa.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Seems like he was kind of blindsided by the trade and hasn’t been able to settle in fully. He had a limited NTC but didn’t get his list in or whatever, as per Friedman. Definitely looks like he wasn’t open to go to Buffalo, and then being successful means jack ****.

Eriksson for Berglund straight across? Their contracts end at the same time.

Benning did try to get Berglund for Garrison after all...

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
And being a Defensemen. The media has been all over Pettersson though. Constantly raving about him. Dahlin is going to have to do a lot to best Petey out. If Dahlin was playing in Canada it would be a lot closer. Luckily he’s in Buffalo and that’s basically like playing in Africa.

Don't know how much TV you watch but buffalo seems to be televised nationally multiple days a week.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
And being a Defensemen. The media has been all over Pettersson though. Constantly raving about him. Dahlin is going to have to do a lot to best Petey out.

Being a defenseman seems to actually hurt your Calder case. Despite his production and overall play being great for an 18 year old defender, Dahlin doesn't seem to be getting that much mainstream love at the moment although that could change obviously.

Luckily he’s in Buffalo and that’s basically like playing in Africa.

Buffalo is one the biggest TV markets in the NHL and has traditionally gets shown on nationally televised games. It's not quite on the same level as say Florida, Arizona, Carolina etc.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Dahlin has plenty of hype - I lost count of how many times he was referred to as the “McDavid if defensemen”. As has been noted, Buffalo is not chump change as a market that receives media exposure, and the Sabres are an exciting young team, with Dahlin playing a critical role in what is likely a return to the post season this year. Pettersson is outstanding, but Dahlin is a legitimate contender for the Calder as well.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Looks like another Luongo hater that doesn’t watch a game, but just blames him as always.

Not a chance any of that is his fault. He kept Florida in that game way longer than they should have been. Florida was literally under siege for around the second half of that third period. I’m not even exaggerating either, Toronto was ALL over them.
Figuratively. And yeah, I know it's in the dictionary now. The fact that a significant proportion of English speakers are pissing on their language, tearing it into little pieces then drying the pieces out and setting them on fire doesn't mean you have to help them.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Dahlin has plenty of hype - I lost count of how many times he was referred to as the “McDavid if defensemen”. As has been noted, Buffalo is not chump change as a market that receives media exposure, and the Sabres are an exciting young team, with Dahlin playing a critical role in what is likely a return to the post season this year. Pettersson is outstanding, but Dahlin is a legitimate contender for the Calder as well.
Except he won’t win it because it’s unfair for defencemsn with their voting system

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Looks like it was no joke about Hakstoll getting blown out by the Canucks would kill his job:

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Except he won’t win it because it’s unfair for defencemsn with their voting system

Dahlin's not winning it because Pettersson is having a otherworldly rookie season. In most seasons, Dahlin's probably winning it, like we saw Ekblad winning with a sub-40 point season over Gaudreau and Stone, who both put up 60+ point seasons. Pettersson, however, is at a 90-point/82 game pace, playing with middle-6 wingers and mediocre offensive defensemen for most of the season.

No offense to Dahlin, but if both players keep up their current production, this should be a runaway for Pettersson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad