2018 Around the League III: The OTT players said WHAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Continue here.

Previous Thread: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ague-ii-dorion-got-what-for-karlsson.2540625/

Last post in previous thread:

Every organization likely has that exact same thing happen at some point or another. Even great bosses piss off their employees sometimes or rub them the wrong way, and it’s human nature to seek out someone to empathize with you over shared frustrations, and that leaves your colleagues as the ones to commiserate with.

Bush league stuff posting that video. And unfortunately it’s going to lead to some pretty tough stuff internally with the Sens, as if their fan base hasn’t suffered enough over the last year.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
I found it kind of funny how respectful the guys were with the Uber driver too. Using their please and thank yous, only to have the douche post that.

Reactions: DarrenX

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Probably cost uber its deal with the sens organization just for 15 seconds of fame, and by fame I mean acting like a loser.

ChemicalHansen

Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
I think what pissed me off even more was how much this guy was smiling throughout the whole video. I normally enjoy hidden POV videos too :naughty:

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Yep LA should have waited another 72 hours....

Quenneville will be behind the bench again by Christmas if he wants to continue to coaching.

I think I'll place my bet on St. Louis....

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
It always seems like we are a day late and a buck short on big names being available. Not like someone like Q would likely come here anyway...

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
i thought the hawks looked decent against us given their roster. what exactly is bowman expecting?

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Yep LA should have waited another 72 hours....

Quenneville will be behind the bench again by Christmas if he wants to continue to coaching.

I think I'll place my bet on St. Louis....

I think you might be on to something, certainly a good bet. He's coached in St. Louis before, could see him returning full circle.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I heard Jeremy Colliton's name today and I thought he was still a prospect or like an up and coming kinda guy. I looked him up and he was drafted in 2003. My brain is broken

I wonder what Quenneville has left in the tank at age 60 and coming off a decade long run like the one he just had. He should probably retire.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
My guess is that he does something similar to what Hitchcock did in Dallas.

No one wants to end their career like that.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Blues might hire Quenneville, doubt he's going to retire after being fired.

Gonna be weird seeing him not be the Hawks coach though, been there forever.

Last edited:

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Hello? Yes, hi. I would like to change my rating of an uber driver please.

Jesus, this Jeremy collision guy is barely older than me. The day when head coaches start getting younger than me... Sadface.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
i thought the hawks looked decent against us given their roster. what exactly is bowman expecting?
Firing coach Q totally reminds me of the AV firing here...Its certainly not on the coach that the roster has underachieved and gone stale,but the coach is always going to be the fall guy....The excuse will be 'the players need a new voice in the room'.

LA and the Hawks,..two recent SC winning teams are nearing the end of the 'cycle'..They will salvage what they can out of their vet cores for a couple of seasons,and prepare for the inevitable rebuild.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
This is just such bs nonsense corporate speak. I love it.

Bowman: "We need to maximize each and every opportunity with our playoff goals in mind and create continued growth and development throughout our roster at the same time."

Reactions: cookiefest

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Chicago is saddled with alot of long-term, high contracts to the old guard that is past their prime.

This is strictly Q falling on the sword for a team beyond the ability to win a cup but with management still preaching that the "core" is in place to still do so.

Chicago and LA are in no-mans land as far as their team is concerned and will be so for awhile unless something dramatic happens.

But they both have won multiple cups so I don't feel sorry for them in the slightest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad