2018 Around the League II: Dorion got WHAT for Karlsson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Right now Ottawa is winning that trade, especially if Karlsson leaves at the end of the year. There is a high chance he will want to back to the east.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Right now Ottawa is winning that trade, especially if Karlsson leaves at the end of the year. There is a high chance he will want to back to the east.

I wouldn't go that far. Ottawa lost when they burned their bridge with Karlsson and weren't going to be able to extend him. When the deal happened I didn't think it was as bad as most people did (and I posted as much) as depth players have a funny way of upping their production when given a bigger opportunity on a different team, but Tierney and Demelo aren't guys you're going to want as leaders on a good playoff team.

Then from San Jose's end sometimes too many cooks can crowd the kitchen, especially when their existing best player already plays the same position as the new cook - RD. Make no mistake though if/when they get things figured out Karlsson makes them far more dangerous and they only had to pay a reasonable rental price to get him.

Reactions: dim jim

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Yeah - that whole segment veered left in a very odd way. Don't get me wrong, I expect Cherry to ramble like an incoherent buffoon, but I thought he was going to cry about it being a good hockey hit and how everyone is soft. No, instead he tells Green that saying he hopes the league looks at it is "putting pressure on the league" and that Pettersson should...what, not deke? There goes Patrick Kane's whole career...

it was confusing. i think he is saying it was a bad move by matheson but in the area of take care of it yourself canucks and don't ask the league to do it, which was also burke's take.

i guess his point is that if green had unleashed the hounds the waters would be muddied and the league would not be forced to suspend for two games.

i see those two guys as probably similar to the nhl head office so what i took away from this is the league is probably not happy with having had this dumped in their laps.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017

I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that he’s going east. He did waive his NTC for a Western conference team in the Sharks. Assuming he is willing to put up with death threats he could easily sign here and turn us into instant contenders.

Goldobin - Pettersson - Boeser
Eriksson - Horvat - Kakko
Baertschi - Gaudette - Virtanen
Roussell- Sutter - Beagle
Motte

Edler - Karlsson
Hughes- Tanev
Juolevi- Gudbranson/Stecher

Markstrom/Nilsson/Demko?/DiPietro?

Just need to figure out the goaltending and we could be cup favorites

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I don’t think it’s a foregone conclusion that he’s going east. He did waive his NTC for a Western conference team in the Sharks. Assuming he is willing to put up with death threats he could easily sign here and turn us into instant contenders.

Motte

Edler - Karlsson
Hughes- Tanev

I like that idea, and would take some pressure off Tanev, plus prospects waiting to get their chance too like Lind, Woo, Jasek, Etc

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Michael Ferland now has 6 goals on the season! Went from the top line in Calgary to Carolina's top line.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007

Motte

Edler - Karlsson
Hughes- Tanev

better pick up anton forsberg on waivers to give karlsson a third mediocre tall swedish goalie to want to come play with.

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
The NSH vs SJ game is insane!

The pace and skating is off the charts.

If this is the future of the NHL with the D stepping up in all situations then sign me up.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm hoping for two of WPG / NSH / SJS to make the conference finals. NSH has come flying out of the gates to start the year, like they're full of piss and vinegar after how their playoffs ended

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
Im Catholic. Errr was raised Catholic but dont really go anymore to church that often
200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad