NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (2) New England Patriots - Part 2

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So much for a changing of the guard or passing of the torch.

Feels like we're stuck in a seemingly never ending rerun.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Lmao, a blatant trap and a “roughing the passer” call gave the pats their last td in the 4th.. as usual. I’m not even a chiefs fan.

Ok and a blatant OPI that lead to that huge wheel route play that allowed the Chiefs to take the lead right back goes uncalled. After Dorsett got called for a nothing OPI earlier.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
To think if not for a missed extra point and a missed 2PC, it would be 5 straight SB's.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
oof

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 9.57.33 PM.png

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The roughing on Jones and the missed pick on the Watkins catch were the only ones that I thought were bad.

Blakeman had a lot of tough calls to make and for the most part got them right.
They missed a blatant pick play in the 4th quarter that allowed Williams to score a TD and the Chiefs take the lead. They earlier had made the same call that went against the Patriots

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
To think if not for a missed extra point and a missed 2PC, it would be 5 straight SB's.

And if it weren't for that dumb f***ing decision of keeping the ball away from that bear known as Marshawn Lynch, they would have one less super bowl. And I like the Pats. Ifs are too common in football to matter. It's not a fluid game. Each play can be dissected and is its own entity.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Lucky for you that you missed the Bears one.

Also, old timers like me remember the 1989 season when we looked like we may have a good team, and they decided to play their starters in the 4th preseason game: ended up losing Best Defensive player (and best LB) Andre Tippett, Best CB Ronnie Lippett and Best DL Garin Veris... all in the 4th freaking exhibition game.
Ya the 96 season the was the first one I really followed. I was 9, and I have to admit I actually liked GB because of a nintendo football game I had... you know, I was 9 haha. But that was when I started following football, I have no memory of prior seasons really.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
They missed a blatant pick play in the 4th quarter that allowed Williams to score a TD and the Chiefs take the lead. They earlier had made the same call that went against the Patriots

Yes, the Sammy Watkins catch that set up Williams’ TD run. Are you referring to Williams’ TD catch? I didn’t see a pick on that one.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Ya the 96 season the was the first one I really followed. I was 9, and I have to admit I actually liked GB because of a nintendo football game I had... you know, I was 9 haha. But that was when I started following football, I have no memory of prior seasons really.
You missed the days of Irving Fryar. Took him with the #1 overall pick, was "ok" but never great. One time he "got injured"during a game and left at half time (probably more um.. impaired than injured). He snuck out and tried driving home, and crashed into a tree.

Things were really bad before RKK/Parcells/Bledsoe

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Yes, the Sammy Watkins catch that set up Williams’ TD run. Are you referring to his TD catch? I didn’t see a pick on that one.
They mentioned it on the broadcast. I could be misremembering who scored though. They pointed it out on the broadcast, it was very blatant missed call

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Enjoy it while it lasts my friend. Dynasties like the Patriots dont happen often in the sports world let alone the NFL. Chances of us seeing something like this again in our life time is almost impossible.
Just because it's rare, doesn't mean it's good. I mean, some diseases are rare.

Reactions: BKIslandersFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad